Author Topic: Black Ivy League student claims ‘trauma’ after white professor refuses to acknowledge privilege  (Read 557 times)

rangerrebew

Black Ivy League student claims ‘trauma’ after white professor refuses to acknowledge privilege
Justin Caruso - George Washington University •January 31, 2017
 11  155 Share0  0

A black University of Pennsylvania student recently declared that his fall semester at the Ivy League institution was “traumatic” because he had three white professors who refused to acknowledge their privilege, and one scholar in particular who “constantly perpetuated these systems of oppression … [that] led to me mentally breaking down in the classroom.”

Student James Fisher wrote about his experience earlier this month in an op-ed in the Daily Pennsylvanian campus newspaper.

In it, Fisher opens by saying: “Last semester was honestly the worst semester I’ve had at Penn so far. And all because of one thing: the white professors I’ve had at Penn. It appears that the term ‘privilege’ does not apply to them. Nor do they care to learn what it is.”

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/30968/
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 02:50:56 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline andy58-in-nh

The only "privilege" being exercised in this case is that of general accusation against another person based upon the color of their skin.

I am certain that the shame of such treatment is lost on the perpetrator, who of course believes himself to be a victim. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn