Author Topic: Anthropologists uncover art by (really) old masters -- 38,000 year-old engravings  (Read 1009 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY—An international team of anthropologists has uncovered a 38,000-year-old engraved image in a southwestern French rockshelter—a finding that marks some of the earliest known graphic imagery found in Western Eurasia and offers insights into the nature of modern humans during this period.

"The discovery sheds new light on regional patterning of art and ornamentation across Europe at a time when the first modern humans to enter Europe dispersed westward and northward across the continent," explains NYU anthropologist Randall White, who led the excavation in France's Vézère Valley.

The findings, which appear in the journal Quaternary International, center on the early modern humans' Aurignacian culture, which existed from approximately 43,000 to 33,000 years ago.

http://popular-archaeology.com/issue/winter-2017/article/anthropologists-uncover-art-by-really-old-masters-38-000-year-old-engravings
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline ConservativeGranny

They must have really good eyesight. I'm seeing the dots but can't make out the wild cows.

Offline Suppressed

They must have really good eyesight. I'm seeing the dots but can't make out the wild cows.

@ConservativeGranny
I'm thinking it's something like this...

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ConservativeGranny

Thank you Suppressed. That was so kind  of you to do that for me. Yes now I can see it. The dotted lines had me very confused.