Author Topic: Mesa Verde’s Sun Temple Reveals Geometrical ‘Genius,’ Physicist Says  (Read 931 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
An 800-year-old ceremonial complex near the famous cliff dwellings of Mesa Verde was built using the same basic geometry found in ancient monuments from Greece to Egypt, a new study has found.

The site, in southwestern Colorado, also appears to have been measured out in multiples of 30.5 centimeters, or about 1 foot, suggesting that the Ancestral Puebloan architects who designed the complex used a common unit of measurement.

Together these new insights reveal a “genius” for precise geometry that’s gone unrecognized in Ancestral Pubeloan architecture, said Dr. Sherry Towers, a physicist and statistician at Arizona State University who conducted the study.

“These findings represent the first potential quantitative evidence of knowledge of advanced geometrical constructs in a prehistoric North American society,” Towers writes, in her paper published in the Journal of Archaeological Science: Reports, “which is particularly remarkable given that the Ancestral Pueblo peoples had no written language or number system

http://westerndigs.org/mesa-verdes-sun-temple-reveals-geometrical-genius-physicist-says/
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley