Author Topic: Psychological 'Vaccine' Could Help Immunize Public Against 'Fake News' on Climate Change, Study Suggests  (Read 541 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
New research finds that misinformation on climate change can psychologically cancel out the influence of accurate statements. However, if legitimate facts are delivered with an "inoculation" -- a warning dose of misinformation -- some of the positive influence is preserved.

In medicine, vaccinating against a virus involves exposing a body to a weakened version of the threat, enough to build a tolerance.

Social psychologists believe that a similar logic can be applied to help "inoculate" the public against misinformation, including the damaging influence of 'fake news' websites propagating myths about climate change.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/01/170122213557.htm
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline montanajoe

Unfortunately there is no vaccine against Stupid. Seems the folks screaming about fake news and those who fall for it, are on the wrong side of the Bell curve :shrug: