Author Topic: CCL Question  (Read 2740 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
CCL Question
« on: January 28, 2017, 02:53:11 am »
Does your CCL cover only the weapon you take your test with or any handgun you own?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: CCL Question
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 03:00:10 am »
You need to research the laws in your state. With my Florida CCL I can carry any handgun. In my state of Texas, if you test with a revolver, you can only carry a revolver. If you test with a semi, you can carry any. When I was stationed in Florida, a shipmate's brother carried a silenced full auto MAC-11 as his CCL weapon.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 03:03:37 am by Elderberry »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 03:23:23 am »
I just looked up the law in Texas.  It says that once you are licensed you can carry any gun you can legally obtain and that you are not limited not only one.

http://txconcealedcarry.com/faqs/
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 03:24:13 am »
I live in TX, but I got the Florida CCL, which is recognized in TX. Florida does not require a test for Veterans, is cheaper than Texas, and can be had thru the mail.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 03:26:24 am »
I live in TX, but I got the Florida CCL, which is recognized in TX. Florida does not require a test for Veterans, is cheaper than Texas, and can be had thru the mail.

I know several other people who are in the same situation and I have no problem with it at all.

I got a Texas license because I was, at that time, a minor public official and thought it might look bad if I did what you and the other folks I know did.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 03:28:00 am by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 03:31:36 am »
What I miss out on not having a Texas CCL is No NICS e check for buying a gun for a Texas CCL.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2017, 03:45:03 am »
We're in Kentucky right now case that's where the Army says I need to be right now.

I've already got my weapon...HH6 is about to get her gun and we were both wondering if when we get our second and third guns how a CCL applies to them and whether we will be licensed for each other's weapons as well.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2017, 04:14:51 am »
We're in Kentucky right now case that's where the Army says I need to be right now.

I've already got my weapon...HH6 is about to get her gun and we were both wondering if when we get our second and third guns how a CCL applies to them and whether we will be licensed for each other's weapons as well.

Not sure how it works in Kentucky but here in Texas all you need is the license and you can carry whatever you can legally obtain.  I personally have three and I choose which one I will carry based on the time of year and where I will be.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2017, 04:15:58 am »
What I miss out on not having a Texas CCL is No NICS e check for buying a gun for a Texas CCL.

Yep! Very handy that!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2017, 04:32:32 am »
Test? Here in WA there is no test. And we can carry it all.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2017, 04:42:24 am »
Not sure how it works in Kentucky but here in Texas all you need is the license and you can carry whatever you can legally obtain.  I personally have three and I choose which one I will carry based on the time of year and where I will be.

That's good to know since we're both from Texas and that's where we are going to retire.

We've already planned out our second and third guns.