Author Topic: Iranian Actress to Boycott Oscars Over Trump's Immigration Stance  (Read 976 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Iranian Actress to Boycott Oscars Over Trump's Immigration Stance

Iranian actress Taraneh Alidoosti, the star of best foreign language film nominee "The Salesman," has announced that she will be boycotting the Oscars over President Trump's expected restrictions on immigration to the United States.

"Trump's visa ban for Iranians is racist," Alidoosti tweeted earlier today. "Whether this will include a cultural event or not, I won't attend the #AcademyAwards 2017 in protest."

Continued: http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/iranian-actress-boycott-oscars-trumps-immigration-stance/story?id=45064130

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Iranian Actress to Boycott Oscars Over Trump's Immigration Stance
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 03:58:22 am »
Fine with me. She can go back to her shit hole country and participate in the Iranian Oscars where if you win you get your head cut off for creating subversive garbage.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 04:44:52 am »
Gee whiz, I don't know how I'm going to handle this devastating news.....uh....let's see...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....sorry, fell asleep.............oh yeah....time to eat some chili fritos. Now what was her name again, and what is she upset about?

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 04:53:06 am »
Let me translate for Ms Alidoosti.
Dear American Scum.  Because I wasn't going to win the Oscar and wouldn't be able to use my acceptance speech to bash the evil satin in front of a live audience, I am making this feeble attempt to be a bitch on some 3rd rate Network blog that no one will see.  Death to America,  Thank you.  Please watch my movie on NetFlix.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 05:28:59 am »
Iranian, or muslim is a race?

Is she also from  the JVs ??
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln