Author Topic: Ryan: We’ll ‘Front the Money Up’ for Border Wall, Cost Is Between $8-14 Billion  (Read 818 times)

rangerrebew

Ryan: We’ll ‘Front the Money Up’ for Border Wall, Cost Is Between $8-14 Billion

(video at source link)

by IAN HANCHETT
    25 Jan 2017

During an interview aired on Wednesday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “For the Record,” House Speaker Representative Paul Ryan (R-WI) stated that while there are “a lot of different ways of getting Mexico to contribute” to the construction of a border wall, and defining how Mexico pays for it, “we’re going to pay for it, and front the money up,” and stated the cost would be somewhere between $8-14 billion.

Ryan said, “Well, first off, we’re going to pay for it, and front the money up, but I do think that there are various ways, of as you know — I know your follow-up question is, ‘Is Mexico going to pay for the wall?’ There’s a lot of different ways of getting Mexico to contribute to doing this, and there are different ways of defining how exactly they pay for it. Point is, he has a promise that he made to the American people, which is to secure our border. A wall is a big part of that. We agree with that goal, and we will be working with him to finance construction of a physical barrier, including the wall, on the southern border.”

Ryan was then given a cost estimate ranging between $8-14 billion for the cost of the wall, which he said is “about right.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/...-8-14-billion/

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
This is one instance where we should build first, and worry about where the money is coming from later on.

If necessary, institute an "exit fee" on foreign remittances. Doesn't have to be oppressively high. 8-9% would do.

That would not only pay for the construction of the border barrier, but maintenance and enforcement as well.

rangerrebew

There must have been money allocated to build the wall when the bill was passed in 2006.  Where is it now?  I know, I know, congress has squandered it on something else - like enforcing transgender restroom privileges.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 02:31:09 am by TomSea »