Author Topic: The President will start building Mexico border wall TOMORROW - and is set to BAN people from Syria and six other 'dangerous' Muslim countries from entering America with executive actions - Daily Mail  (Read 1249 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The President will start building Mexico border wall TOMORROW - and is set to BAN people from Syria and six other 'dangerous' Muslim countries from entering America with executive actions

President Trump's executive orders are expected to temporarily close US borders to most refugees
    Trump also set to sign executive order pertaining to his campaign pledge to build a wall along the American border with Mexico
    One order reportedly will block visas from being issued to citizens of Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, and Yemen
    Restrictions likely to include months-long ban on admissions from all countries until government agencies can boost intensity of vetting process
    During presidential campaign, Trump promised to issue temporary ban on Muslims entering the US

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4154332/Trump-ban-immigrants-Syria-6-countries.html#ixzz4WjvalPdu
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
No Afghanistan, no Turkey on the list; maybe we have prior agreements. Turkey seems to be a real trouble spot right now.

Offline jpsb

This can't be true. I have been repeatedly told by many here that Trump is just a conman and he will never keep his campaign promises.

Offline Frank Cannon

What's Donny going to use to build this wall? Stacking up old Obama Executive Orders?

He didn't get his cash from Mexico yet to build it.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I don't see how he can possibly build a wall in Texas, but it will be interesting to watch.

Curious about this and about he expects that people will forget about the "getting mexico to pay for it" part too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I don't see how he can possibly build a wall in Texas, but it will be interesting to watch.
Ever driven the Texas countryside and seen prison gangs working the sides of the roads?

Bet there are enough illegals in jails to provide a pretty good size work crew.

The ones around me seem to know a lot about framing and roofing houses, so they understand construction.....
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Curious about this and about he expects that people will forget about the "getting mexico to pay for it" part too.

His fans have an uncanny ability to forget or remember as needed.

He's gonna build a wall and Mexico will pay for it.....but it will have doors....and the Rio Grande is a natural barrier.

In reality I suspect he's doing what Ted Cruz promised to do and building the wall/fence that has already been approved and funded by congress but sat on Obama's desk unsigned for 8 years. I'm good with that but I am disgusted with the dishonesty.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
What's Donny going to use to build this wall? Stacking up old Obama Executive Orders?

He didn't get his cash from Mexico yet to build it.

I'm curious where he gets the authority to do this outside of acting as a dictator.

Who appropriated the funding for this wall - in this iteration?

If he was serious - he could ban welfare benefits from the Feds to anyone who is not a documented American citizen - and watch the flood inwards go to a trickle at best.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 05:49:07 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline thackney

His fans have an uncanny ability to forget or remember as needed.

He's gonna build a wall and Mexico will pay for it.....but it will have doors....and the Rio Grande is a natural barrier.

In reality I suspect he's doing what Ted Cruz promised to do and building the wall/fence that has already been approved and funded by congress but sat on Obama's desk unsigned for 8 years. I'm good with that but I am disgusted with the dishonesty.

SECURE FENCE ACT OF 2006
https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-109publ367/html/PLAW-109publ367.htm
https://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2006/10/20061026-1.html
President Bush Signed 10/26/06

- - - - -- - - -

On January 23, 2008 the 110th Congress introduced Reinstatement of the Secure Fence Act of 2008 (H.R. 5124). This bill called for Homeland Security to construct an additional 700 miles (1,100 km) of two layered, 14 foot (4 m) high fencing along the southwest border.  The bill died in committee and was never voted upon.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/110/hr5124

- - - - - - - -

So far, the Department of Homeland Security has erected about 613 miles of new pedestrian fencing and vehicle barriers to thwart illegal border crossers and drug smugglers trying to enter the United States.

http://www.nytimes.com/gwire/2009/04/16/16greenwire-usmexico-fence-building-continues-despite-obam-10570.html
April 16, 2009
Life is fragile, handle with prayer