Author Topic: Hugh Hewitt: Trump on 'constitutional thin ice'  (Read 6278 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hugh Hewitt: Trump on 'constitutional thin ice'
« on: January 25, 2017, 12:22:48 am »

Hugh Hewitt: Trump on 'constitutional thin ice'

By Nolan D. McCaskill

01/24/17 06:20 PM EST

Conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt on Tuesday warned that President Donald Trump begins his administration on “thin ice” with Democrats, who could move to impeach the new president if they retake the House of Representatives in 2018.

Democrats and liberal groups have already launched an effort to impeach Trump over allegations of conflicts of interest, including with his new Washington, D.C., hotel. A watchdog group filed suit Monday, claiming Trump’s business dealings with foreign countries that rent space in his buildings or lend money to his real estate empire violate the foreign emoluments clause of the Constitution.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/hugh-hewitt-trump-constitution-234137
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Hugh Hewitt: Trump on 'constitutional thin ice'
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 12:51:06 am »
Pretty sure the Dems will gin up a reason to impeach if they ever get a majority in the house, doesn't much matter what Trump does.   
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 12:54:22 am »
President pence does have a nice sound to it.

Once we go down this rathole there will be no end to it. If president Kanye west gets a flavor flav clock as a gift from aizerbaijan then the opposition party will be screaming to impeach.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 12:59:05 am »
The Rats are a shambles now. What makes anyone think they will take the House? Let's also point out there is no way in hell they will get the Senate either. They're in too big a hole thanks to their pal Obama to make anything happen in '18.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 01:01:48 am »
Very brave advise, Hugh.

But please explain why its OK for Obama to be on 'thin constitutional ice' but not Trump?

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 01:05:28 am »
The Rats are a shambles now. What makes anyone think they will take the House? Let's also point out there is no way in hell they will get the Senate either. They're in too big a hole thanks to their pal Obama to make anything happen in '18.

I remember the GOP was in the same position in 2008, they had to defend more seats than the Dems. Then the tea party happened. Just saying.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 01:09:56 am »
President pence does have a nice sound to it.

Once we go down this rathole there will be no end to it. If president Kanye west gets a flavor flav clock as a gift from aizerbaijan then the opposition party will be screaming to impeach.

I have no doubt that Trump will go over the line to the point where plenty of republicans would back impeachment. He'll do it with the encouragement of his cheering fans who are making it abundantly clear that they aren't concerned about laws or right and wrong. They just want him to wield power like a weapon.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 01:12:21 am »

I remember the GOP was in the same position in 2008, they had to defend more seats than the Dems. Then the tea party happened. Just saying.

Can you tell me when the Left wasn't activated through the 2000's? They do not have a Tea Party movement in them because they already shot their wad. They tried to replicate it with Occupy and mainstream voters told them to go to hell. This garbage this weekend they put on was a PR disaster thanks to the insane radicals they had giving speeches.

I'm also looking around at the seats the Rats have up this cycle and they are not in good shape at all. Your gal Injun Warren is way underwater going on 6 or 8 months now.

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2017, 01:12:38 am »
I have no doubt that Trump will go over the line to the point where plenty of republicans would back impeachment. He'll do it with the encouragement of his cheering fans who are making it abundantly clear that they aren't concerned about laws or right and wrong. They just want him to wield power like a weapon.

Someone here wanted trump to go after that snl writer with the IRS. Pretty sad there so many lawless and immoral people at this forum. I sure as shit wouldn't lend them any money I tell you that.

Sad state of the world today.

• Technical
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2017, 01:16:48 am »
Can you tell me when the Left wasn't activated through the 2000's? They do not have a Tea Party movement in them because they already shot their wad. They tried to replicate it with Occupy and mainstream voters told them to go to hell. This garbage this weekend they put on was a PR disaster thanks to the insane radicals they had giving speeches.

I'm also looking around at the seats the Rats have up this cycle and they are not in good shape at all. Your gal Injun Warren is way underwater going on 6 or 8 months now.

Why is she my gal? I voted Scott brown in 2012.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2017, 01:18:06 am »

Someone here wanted trump to go after that snl writer with the IRS. Pretty sad there so many lawless and immoral people at this forum. I sure as shit wouldn't lend them any money I tell you that.

Sad state of the world today.

Cheer up. Theres always TOS.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2017, 01:20:18 am »
Very brave advise, Hugh.

But please explain why its OK for Obama to be on 'thin constitutional ice' but not Trump?

Hewie always wants to be the leader of a circular firing squad. 

BTW, your avatar is hysterical.  I wonder if there's an animated GIF of that anywhere?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2017, 01:20:44 am »

The first place I saw a Trump supporter literally say "Screw the constitution, we need a dictator to fix this mess". That same poster later declared that "My kind" would be deported.

• Technical
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2017, 01:20:55 am »

Why would I go there?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2017, 01:23:18 am »

Why would I go there?

Its as good a forum to complain about your fellow members as any.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2017, 01:23:49 am »

Agree!

• Technical
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2017, 01:25:15 am »
Its as good a forum to complain about your fellow members as any.

Would you agree that what I said though, that saying that using the IRS to attack your "enemies" is wrong?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2017, 01:25:25 am »
Hewie always wants to be the leader of a circular firing squad. 

BTW, your avatar is hysterical.  I wonder if there's an animated GIF of that anywhere?

Have you seen the video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQAMemu6fEg

Offline skeeter

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2017, 01:26:03 am »

Would you agree that what I said though, that saying that using the IRS to attack your "enemies" is wrong?

Yes.

You should limit your criticism to the person who said it.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2017, 01:26:07 am »
Again, according to the Constitution Trump would have to commit an impeachable offense; bribery, treason, high crimes and misdemeanors.  So ... what crime has Trump committed that he is treading on thin ice??  None.

This is nothing more than liberal progressives continuing to sound the alarm to excite the populace.  We have a rule of law; either we collectively, (as in both parties) adhere to the rule of law or we're going to have such division that a battle errupts.  One side that is willing to fight and adhere to the Constitution and one side that wants to dismantle it.  In my eyes at least the left has been setting the ground work for upheaval and dismantling of the Constitution for quite some time.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2017, 01:27:09 am »

I have no doubt the Pubbies would go along with the Dems, but it sure as heck isn't because they're all filled up with principle or anything.  They hate Trump anyway, and would make a deal with Ol' Scratch himself if it means they get rid of him.  I see that and I'm not even a fan of Trump's.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2017, 01:27:50 am »

I have been saying this for 25 years and it has taken far longer than I originally thought but "The democrat party is destined to become the 21st century equivalent of the Whig party!"
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2017, 01:31:51 am »

Why is she my gal? I voted Scott brown in 2012.

I think he means it in the same sense that John McStain is "My Guy."  You learn to let that roll off your back.  In, say about, 30 years. **nononono*
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2017, 01:33:51 am »
I have been saying this for 25 years and it has taken far longer than I originally thought but "The democrat party is destined to become the 21st century equivalent of the Whig party!"

I've been saying that too,  but then the Pubbies find a way to make the Rats look good, and they're back in the game.  Oh, thanks for approving my Friend Request on FB.  I missed ya.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2017, 01:34:40 am »
I've been saying that too,  but then the Pubbies find a way to make the Rats look good, and they're back in the game.  Oh, thanks for approving my Friend Request on FB.  I missed ya.

888high58888  Glad to have you back!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien