Author Topic: Trump bans EPA employees from giving social media updates  (Read 1206 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Trump bans EPA employees from giving social media updates
« on: January 24, 2017, 06:33:13 pm »
I haven't been able to confirm if this order is only for official EPA communication or personal opinions on personal accounts. The former it could be argued may be in his authority. The latter, however, would be disturbing to say the least.

President Trump has banned employees of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) from giving social media updates and speaking with reporters, according to The Associated Press.

The social media ban is part of a series of new restrictions at the EPA under the Trump administration. ....

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/315876-trump-bans-epa-employees-from-giving-social-media-updates

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Trump bans EPA employees from giving social media updates
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 06:35:27 pm »
Pretty sure it has to be the former.  He doesn't want leaks on policy, which is completely reasonable.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 07:39:32 pm »
Standard for businesses to ask employees not to disclose business information  on social media and with reporters if it was not already officially disclosed to the public by the company. And doing so can be breaking the law in a number of ways.  My business for one. There has been a number of times I would have liked to chime in on a subject dealing with my company right here on TBR, but I zipped my lip.     
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump orders EPA media blackout
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 09:15:00 pm »

Trump orders EPA media blackout

By Bob Fredericks

January 24, 2017 | 1:30pm | Updated

President Trump on Tuesday imposed a media blackout at the Environmental Protection Agency and barred staff from awarding new contracts or grants.

Emails sent to EPA staff since his inauguration on Friday and reviewed by the Associated Press detailed the specific prohibitions banning press releases, blog updates or posts to the agency’s social media accounts.

more
http://nypost.com/2017/01/24/trump-orders-epa-media-blackout/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 09:17:36 pm »
I haven't been able to confirm if this order is only for official EPA communication or personal opinions on personal accounts. The former it could be argued may be in his authority. The latter, however, would be disturbing to say the least.

I think Donald found the ideal way to get staffing down. These Millenial/lib types will quit before being denied their 'free speech'. I foresee a couple giving the admin the middle finger, doing it anyway, getting fired over it and then trying their hand at the martyr game in the media.

Whatever gets them out of power, I'm fine with.