Author Topic: Trump White House Is Reportedly Already Talking About Sean Spicer’s Replacement  (Read 1800 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump White House Is Reportedly Already Talking About Sean Spicer’s Replacement
by Alex Griswold | 10:55 am, January 24th, 2017

A White House source tells Axios that despite only days on the job, Donald Trump‘s senior staff is already looking for someone to replace press secretary Sean Spicer.

Politico Playbook alum Mike Allen writes, “This West Wing is a tough neighborhood. Even AFTER Sean Spicer’s successful get-back-on-the-horse presser yesterday, I’m told that a top White House official was discussing his possible replacement. On Day 4!”

more
http://www.mediaite.com/online/trump-white-house-is-reportedly-already-talking-about-sean-spicers-replacement/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fake news?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Since the "source" is an anonymous comment to a Politico writer - probably.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline beandog

This would be a stupid move and I don't believe it's true.  The reason it's  tough "neighborhood" is because someone is always trying to backstab someone else. 

Politico is just trying to start a rumor so they can ask Sean about it.  As soon as he denies it, it automatically becomes true.  I'm really tired of this garbage. **nononono*

Wingnut

Not buying it.  It would be like the Cowboys benching Tony Romo in this years superbowl.   Oh wait...

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Not buying it.  It would be like the Cowboys benching Tony Romo in this years superbowl.   Oh wait...

Et tu, Brute?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Wingnut

Et tu, Brute?

I kid I  kid! I'm a huge  Romo fan.  He is fellow alum and team member of mine!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
It's probably based on one of those ridiculous hypotheticals like "Suppose Spicer screws up very badly for months, and starts hurting Trump.  Is there a chance they'd consider replacing him", to which the obvious answer would be "Well, if all that actually happened, then yes."

And that response to that ridiculous hypothetical then becomes "Trump White House Is Reportedly...."

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I kid I  kid! I'm a huge  Romo fan.  He is fellow alum and team member of mine!

It's all good!

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
One name we haven't heard in a while, Katrina Pierson.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It's probably based on one of those ridiculous hypotheticals like "Suppose Spicer screws up very badly for months, and starts hurting Trump.  Is there a chance they'd consider replacing him", to which the obvious answer would be "Well, if all that actually happened, then yes."

And that response to that ridiculous hypothetical then becomes "Trump White House Is Reportedly...."

This is one of the ways the media begins to push back against the shoddy treatment they've already received from Trump and Co.  A whisper campaign that causes the Administration to spend time and energy on denying it...rather than talk about the good things they've done so far....becuase by the time they address this and try to get back to the things they've already done that they can brag about...the news cycle has turned over again and the moment is lost.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Fake news?

That's now called "alternative facts".

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
This is one of the ways the media begins to push back against the shoddy treatment they've already received from Trump and Co.  A whisper campaign that causes the Administration to spend time and energy on denying it...rather than talk about the good things they've done so far....becuase by the time they address this and try to get back to the things they've already done that they can brag about...the news cycle has turned over again and the moment is lost.

Well, that's where Trump's egocentrism actually helps.  Because while most politicians might go into a bit of a shell, or have a mini-apology tour to address that pushback, Trump won't.  He'll tweet, and send Spicer out there, but I also don't think that will stop him from acting on substance.  He'll do both, and ignore the media narrative saying that he can't.

Just look at the last few days.  All that chaos and poor messaging on Saturday is followed by a whole lot of positive substance on Monday and Tuesday. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Well, that's where Trump's egocentrism actually helps.  Because while most politicians might go into a bit of a shell, or have a mini-apology tour to address that pushback, Trump won't.  He'll tweet, and send Spicer out there, but I also don't think that will stop him from acting on substance.  He'll do both, and ignore the media narrative saying that he can't.

Just look at the last few days.  All that chaos and poor messaging on Saturday is followed by a whole lot of positive substance on Monday and Tuesday.

And if he does that and doesn't step up and dial it back...things will get worse...not better.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

and we take the hook every single time!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Night Hides Not

One name we haven't heard in a while, Katrina Pierson.

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

I was horrified on Friday and Saturday, and have been pleased since Sunday. I guess this is the new normal.

I actually think Spicer didn't lie, looking at exactly what he said. BUt the damage is done, and his performance on Saturday was beyond awful. On Monday it was a lot better.

Trump does listen IMO. Or someone listens in his cabinet.

I wish he'd get rid of Bannon and Flynn, next. They need to go more than Spicer.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Fake news?
Discussing is one thing. Doing it another.

My preference is to replace early, rather than later, if needed.

G.W. Bush kept a Press Secretary that was a big mess, Scott McClellen. Big mess.

The President was very poorly served, IMO.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Wingnut

Look, lets face it, The kid is no Tony Snow.  But give him at lease a week to settle in.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Fake news?

That is where I'd put my money.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

and we take the hook every single time!

Yup.  We do.   **nononono*