Author Topic: Cost Of War Against ISIS: US Spending Over $12 Million A Day In Fight Against Islamic State In Syria And Iraq  (Read 577 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Cost Of War Against ISIS: US Spending Over $12 Million A Day In Fight Against Islamic State In Syria And Iraq
The U.S. government has spent nearly $11 billion in its fight against the Islamic State group, also called ISIS, since Operation Inherent Resolve came into existence in 2014, latest data from the Pentagon revealed. The U.S.-led coalition costs American tax payers an average $12.5 million every day, the data showed. Spending increased from $5.5 billion in 2015 to $10.7 billion as of Dec. 15, 2016. The coalition, which is working to eliminate ISIS globally, is currently focusing on eliminating the terrorist group’s Syria and Iraq operations. “The destruction of targets in Syria and Iraq further limits ISIL’s ability to project terror and conduct operations,” officials said, using another acronym.

Continued:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/f0be78aa-7e61-3721-88f1-9958537531da/ss_cost-of-war-against-isis%3A-us.html

Offline endicom

Since 2001, the ROI of the battle has been irrational. I hope that Trump's picks will find something rational.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Since 2001, the ROI of the battle has been irrational. I hope that Trump's picks will find something rational.

Not from the viewpoint of those pulling Obama's strings they haven't!  Just sayin!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Let's just cut costs and throw some more bombs into their camps.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington