Author Topic: Trump Watch! Nothing yet on slowing immigration (including refugees); ask the State Dept!  (Read 650 times)

rangerrebew

Trump Watch! Nothing yet on slowing immigration (including refugees); ask the State Dept!

Posted by Ann Corcoran on January 24, 2017
trump-watch

Trump Watch! We know that the President has the power to pause the refugee program without Congress, what is taking so long?
He said he would do it on day one.  No sign of anything happening today, on day 4, and it sure looks like his White House doesn’t even have refugees on its radar.

However, John Binder writing at Breitbart yesterday postulates that something on refugees will be coming sooner than expected. Really? It is already later than expected and comments from Sean Spicer at the first White House press briefing don’t sound hopeful (or knowledgeable).

Every day that Trump delays gives the Open Borders leftist activists more time to bash him and organize against him, so he should just get the pain over with quickly in my opinion.

Here, Maria Jeffrey writing at Conservative Review points to press secretary Sean Spicer’s brushoff regarding refugees yesterday.

https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wordpress.com/2017/01/24/trump-watch-nothing-yet-on-slowing-immigration-including-refugees-ask-the-state-dept/
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 01:58:20 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
This is why the kids of today demand everything right now. They see their elders doing it. What happened to patience being a virtue?

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

geronl

There was a response when asked why executive amnesty hadn't been undone.

'It's never been one of his top priorities'

geronl

This is why the kids of today demand everything right now. They see their elders doing it. What happened to patience being a virtue?

We were told he'd get it done on day one

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I read that Bannon will use Breitbart to attack people in the Trump administration he doesn't like. This may be more of this.

Offline endicom

As with all new presidents, he's probably being fed a ration of reality as to what is involved. I'm pretty sure there is much involved because that is how things get cemented in place.