Author Topic: '¡No, no puede!': New White House begins with English-only website as Team Trump breaks with Obama by nixing all Spanish-language content  (Read 830 times)

rangerrebew

'¡No, no puede!': New White House begins with English-only website as Team Trump breaks with Obama by nixing all Spanish-language content

New whitehouse.gov website has only English-language content
    Obama administration made a point of including Spanish on its main website
    President Trump made a point during his campaign of urging Spanish-speaking immigrants to 'assimilate' by learning to speak English
    Chairman & CEO of advocacy group 'U.S. English' says there are 323 languages spoken in the U.S. and Spanish shouldn't get special treatment
    It's unclear whether the English-only site is temporary or final but White House press secretary Sean Spicer hinted that Spanish content could be coming

By David Martosko, Us Political Editor For Dailymail.com In Washington

Published: 13:38 EST, 23 January 2017 | Updated: 15:46 EST, 23 January 2017

Donald Trump will not be 'El Presidente,' judging from the website his White House launched on Friday.

The new whitehouse.gov, unlike the online home of the Obama administration, has no Spanish-language content.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4148978/White-House-English-website-nixing-Spanish-content.html#ixzz4Wgez0wHr
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
 :amen:

I do not want to Press "1" for English!!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline andy58-in-nh

If anyone at the White House Communications Office had a sense of humor, they might create a Spanish language link like this:

EN ESPAÑOL!

Well, it's what I might do.  :smokin:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline mountaineer

If anyone at the White House Communications Office had a sense of humor, they might create a Spanish language link like this:

EN ESPAÑOL!

^-^ 
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Wingnut

EN ESPAÑOL!

Oh that is bad.  Really bad! 

I love it! :beer:

Offline dfwgator

EN ESPAÑOL!

Offline andy58-in-nh

@dfwgator
@Wingnut

You can well imagine what a mischievous person might have done to replace the former WH website link for Gay, Lesbian and Transgendered Outreach...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 08:58:47 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn