Author Topic: White House Not Ruling Out Executive Order to Move US Embassy to Jerusalem  (Read 370 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Newsmax
White House Not Ruling Out Executive Order to Move US Embassy to Jerusalem
Monday, January 23, 2017 03:22 PM

By: John Gizzi

At Sean Spicer's first briefing as White House press secretary, he acknowledged the administration was "working on the process" of moving the U.S. Embassy from Israel to Jerusalem — including the possibility of executive order to get the job done.

Spicer said as much when I asked whether the transfer of the embassy was something President Trump would consider achieving by executive order.

"Yes," Spicer said, but quickly added, "we are working on the process."

Questions about the embassy move, which has been discussed by presidents since Richard Nixon, are expected to be asked regularly as Spicer continues his daily briefings.

more
http://www.newsmax.com/JohnGizzi/Sean-Spicer-Executive-Order-Embassy/2017/01/23/id/770016/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

HonestJohn

Why would it need to be an executive order?

The President would just need to tell his Secretary of State to move the embassy.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
This would elevate trump in my eyes.

Offline skeeter

Why would it need to be an executive order?

The President would just need to tell his Secretary of State to move the embassy.
My understanding is executive orders were originally primarily a way for the president to implement important administration policies within the scope of the authority of the executive under the constitution.

Moving an embassy seems to be exactly what executive orders are for.