Author Topic: Senate panel votes to confirm Tillerson  (Read 417 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate panel votes to confirm Tillerson
« on: January 23, 2017, 10:49:54 pm »
Senate panel votes to confirm Tillerson
By Timothy Cama - 01/23/17 05:45 PM EST

A Senate committee voted Monday to confirm Rex Tillerson, bringing him a significant step closer to being the next secretary of State.

The panel voted 11-10, along party lines, to approve Tillerson, who was CEO of Exxon Mobil Corp. until less than a month ago, a few weeks after President Trump announced his nomination.

The vote followed a shaky confirmation hearing in which Tillerson faced repeated tough questions on his ties to Russia, his opposition to United States sanctions against Russia, his willingness to fight human rights violations and other issues.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/315749-senate-panel-votes-to-confirm-tillerson
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: Senate panel votes to confirm Tillerson
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 10:51:37 pm »
Of all the Trump appointments thus far, he was the one I had the most doubts about,  but we'll see.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 10:53:06 pm »
Of all the Trump appointments thus far, he was the one I had the most doubts about,  but we'll see.

With McCain, Lindsey and Rubio on board ... the Republicans may hold together.  Fingers are crossed. 

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 10:57:03 pm »
Am glad little Marco began to see a bigger picture than just himself.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington