Author Topic: Trump signs executive actions on TPP, abortion, federal hiring freeze  (Read 570 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump signs executive actions on TPP, abortion, federal hiring freeze
By Jordan Fabian - 01/23/17 12:03 PM EST

President Trump signed an executive order on Monday announcing his plan to withdraw the U.S. from the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal.

The order fulfills Trump’s campaign promise to abandon the Pacific Rim trade deal early in his administration.

"We've been talking about this for a long time," Trump said after signing the order in the Oval Office, adding that leaving the 12-nation pact is a “great thing for the American worker."

The president also signed two other orders: one that places a hiring freeze on non-military federal workers and another that cuts off federal funding for foreign organizations that provide abortions.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/315654-trump-signs-orders-on-tpp-abortion-federal-hiring-freeze
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Trump signs executive actions on TPP, abortion, federal hiring freeze
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 05:15:45 pm »
The official text still isn't loaded. They must be a bit slow getting the website management transitioned.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/executive-orders

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Trump signs executive actions on TPP, abortion, federal hiring freeze
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 05:16:20 pm »
+3
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien