Author Topic: Pope Francis on Trump: 'People voted for Hitler and then he destroyed his people'  (Read 1146 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Pope Francis on Trump: 'People voted for Hitler and then he destroyed his people'

The pontiff said charismatic leaders such as Trump abuse our judgement in crises.

Tareq Haddad
By Tareq Haddad January 22, 2017 15:04 GMT

As President Donald Trump was being sworn into office, Pope Francis warned about the rise of populist leaders such as Adolf Hitler.

The pontiff made the comments to Spanish newspaper El Pais, warning that Trump-like leaders abuse our judgement in times of crisis.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/pope-francis-trump-people-voted-hitler-then-he-destroyed-his-people-1602431?utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=rss&utm_content=%2Frss%2Fyahoous&yptr=yahoo&ref=yfp

At the very least the Pope is looking to divide people of faith even farther.  This could become a rift between Catholisim and Evangelism being that the church was very influential in th election of President Trump.  The Roman Catholic Church should know about falling into the evils of Nazism.  Because they also became complacent in the Nazi movement.  The Roman Catholic church making a deal with Hitler.  So they should know.

But does the Pope have a point?  Maybe he does.  I have heard Trump say things that could bring up an image of Fascism.   And how should Catholics react to their Pope comparing our President to Hitler?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I thought that the Pope was to preach God's law, not Godwin's. (sorry, that was a lame joke waiting to be made)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline dfwgator

Has the Church ever apologized for supporting the Ustashe in Croatia during WWII?

Offline Chosen Daughter

I thought that the Pope was to preach God's law, not Godwin's. (sorry, that was a lame joke waiting to be made)

Yeah and I guess Trump isn't immune to Godwin's Law considering his recent comparison to Hitler and the Nazi's.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Has the Church ever apologized for supporting the Ustashe in Croatia during WWII?

Can't be sure but they have apologized for many things.

Oceander

This is stupid.  Trump is many unfortunate things, but Hitler, or a nazi, he is not.