Author Topic: Trump speaks with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu  (Read 537 times)

Wingnut

Trump speaks with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
« on: January 22, 2017, 11:15:22 pm »
By Karen DeYoung January 22 at 4:20 PM
President Trump spoke Sunday with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, a brief conversation that Trump described as “very nice,” and Netanyahu called “very warm.”

Netanyahu, in a statement issued by his office, said Trump had invited him to visit the White House in February, although a final date was not yet set. They discussed the Iran nuclear deal, the “peace process with the Palestinians,” and other issues,” the Israeli leader said, adding that he had “expressed his desire to work closely . . . with no daylight between the United States and Israel.”

The White House provided no initial details of the call, which was scheduled to last 30 minutes. Trump characterized it to reporters gathered to witnesses the swearing in of his new White House staff.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-speaks-with-israeli-prime-minister-benjamin-netanyahu/2017/01/22/ae06c3d2-e0d2-11e6-a453-19ec4b3d09ba_story.html

Offline dfwgator

Re: Trump speaks with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 11:16:06 pm »
If nothing else, this validates Trump winning.

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 12:04:19 am »

After 8 years of Obama's "Hate the Jewish State" I Love me some muslims policy...  It is welcome.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 12:06:37 am »
Yup....nice to see Trump take up for the Israelis. 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 12:07:42 am »

A v e ry positive development for sure!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien