Author Topic: Trump Gives Down-On-His-Luck Dad Check For $10,000  (Read 1330 times)

rangerrebew

Trump Gives Down-On-His-Luck Dad Check For $10,000
« on: January 22, 2017, 10:19:23 pm »
Trump Gives Down-On-His-Luck Dad Check For $10,000

January 22, 2017| by Robert Gehl

A FedEx courier and former security guard from Illinois was surprised with an invitation to meet with Donald Trump after the President-elect saw a story on the struggling single father. But the special meeting wasn’t the only surprise. The young man was stunned when Trump presented him with a check for $10,000.

Shane Bouvet, a 23-year-old single dad, was featured in a Washington Post story highlighting his visit to D.C. to support Donald Trump’s inauguration, Breitbart is reporting.

http://downtrend.com/robertgehl/trump-gives-down-on-his-luck-dad-check-for-10000
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 10:20:01 pm by rangerrebew »

Wingnut

Re: Trump Gives Down-On-His-Luck Dad Check For $10,000
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 10:58:21 pm »
Wish there was a legit site to fact check this.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 12:02:39 am »
@Wingnut I saw this story yesterday on one of the major networks. 

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 12:06:00 am »
@Wingnut I saw this story yesterday on one of the major networks.

I always like confirmation.   Just say'n.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 12:11:40 am »
Trust but verify.  One of my favorite quotes from RR.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 12:22:17 am »

It's an old Russian Proverb.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 12:36:19 am »
Trump giving $10,000 is like me giving someone a buck to catch the bus.  But to that man it was probably like winning the lottery and I am glad for him.  But this is a stunt for the media.  I am still waiting to see how charitable Trump has been with his wealth.  We will all know if he will just release his tax returns.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Wingnut

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 01:01:25 am »

Spot on! 888high58888

Online Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2017, 01:04:07 am »
I just learned of a personal account of a guy I knew several years ago who serviced a Trump event this past year.  This guy has custody of his grandson who had called the cops on his own crackhead mother (the guy's daughter).  Anyway, the man has a business and takes his grandson with him everywhere he goes.   He even had a special uniform made for him that matches his own.  He makes every effort to be a good father figure for his grandson since he did not have that opportunity with his own daughter.

During the event, while he was working, he was sharing the story of his daughter and grandson with someone on the Trump detail.  Later on, Trump happened to come by to shake hands with the whole staff.  When he approached my friend, Eric leaned over to his dad and said, "This is the guy I was telling you about".  Trump shook his hand, asked him a couple of questions about his grandson, and thanked him for serving the event.

A few weeks later, a check shows up in his mailbox.  The following day, he gets a letter from a private school in North Georgia telling him that tuition has been paid in full for his grandson for the next school year.

This is not something you will find published anywhere, nor should it be.  I hesitated to post it here.  But I thought I should post it just to show that there is more to this than what has been discussed so far.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 01:05:21 am »
Nice gesture.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2017, 11:42:53 am »

It's true.  There's video of the President speaking with the father receiving the chemotherapy (what the check was for). @Wingnut

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2017, 01:15:05 pm »
Trump giving $10,000 is like me giving someone a buck to catch the bus.  But to that man it was probably like winning the lottery and I am glad for him.  But this is a stunt for the media.  I am still waiting to see how charitable Trump has been with his wealth.  We will all know if he will just release his tax returns.

Actually, you still wouldn't.  Tax returns only reveal charitable giving that is tax deductible under federal law.  This kind of private, person to person charity is not tax deductible.  If Trump does a significant amount of this, his tax returns would understate his giving.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2017, 06:06:09 pm »
Good for Trump. Some days I wonder if this is the same Trump that was running in the primaries.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline beandog

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2017, 06:09:46 pm »
If Pres. the Donald gave me $10000 I wouldn't care why he did it and I don't care how much he gave of his own money to charity.  I prefer people who give money directly to people who need it rather than most charities anyway.  That's what I do.  I pay enough in taxes that I'm giving to charity anyway.