Author Topic: Trump Inauguration Drew 31 Million Viewers – More Than Bush or Obama’s 2nd Inaugurals  (Read 761 times)

rangerrebew

Trump Inauguration Drew 31 Million Viewers – More Than Bush or Obama’s 2nd Inaugurals
Single H
January 22, 2017

Trump Inauguration

The television numbers are in from the inauguration of Donald Trump, and they’re massive!

This is a good sign and shows that America is ready, willing, and able to listen to President Trump!

Via Reuters:

Nearly 31 million viewers watched live U.S. television coverage of Donald Trump’s presidential inauguration, far fewer than tuned in to Barack Obama’s first swearing-in, but otherwise the biggest such audience since Ronald Reagan entered office, ratings firm Nielsen reported on Saturday.

Read more: http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/trump-inauguration-31-million-viewers-bush-obamas-2nd-inaugurals/#ixzz4WWyg8idn

Offline Applewood

I wasn't one of them. 

rangerrebew

I don't think the figures can be true.  I think the Russians hacked into the compilation centers to make it look like that. :silly:

Offline dfwgator

It certainly drew more than Hillary's Inauguration.

Oceander

So what?  I know quite a number of people who watched who were, and are, extremely opposed to Trump.  The number bears no correlation to whether Trump has a lot of support or not.  Only an idiot would think otherwise.

Offline beandog

So what?  I know quite a number of people who watched who were, and are, extremely opposed to Trump.  The number bears no correlation to whether Trump has a lot of support or not.  Only an idiot would think otherwise.
The same could be said for every inauguration, including Obama's.

Oceander

The same could be said for every inauguration, including Obama's.

No doubt.  But that doesn't vitiate the point, which is that numbers by themselves mean nothing.

Offline beandog

No doubt.  But that doesn't vitiate the point, which is that numbers by themselves mean nothing.
When you're just comparing numbers it does.  Nobody has ever shown, that I know of, that more people that watched Obama liked Obama, versus less people that watched Pres. the Donald disliked him.

Offline dfwgator

I voted for Trump, but I didn't bother to watch. I figured I could always watch it later online at my leisure.   

Online libertybele

Who in the heck cares?  I watched it.  I enjoyed it.  I thought Trump sent a clear message that patriotism is back and he will put America and Americans first.  Those that disagree with patriotism and not putting Americans first need to find another country to live in.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

HonestJohn

How many domestic viewers...

...and how many Russian?

Online libertybele

...and how many Russian?

The World is now holding its breath ... one thing is for sure, Trump has their attention.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 02:00:28 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

It certainly drew more than Hillary's Inauguration.

Ouch!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

geronl

Comparing it to second inaugurals is obviously a stupid comparison

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

...and how many Russian?

Ello, Dis Peggy.

You be watching Tromp nauguration?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Who Cares?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Applewood

People are dazzled by celebrity.  They may not like the celebrity.  Chances are they know little, if anything, about the celebrity.  But they are drawn to that celebrity like moths to a flame.  It's like the proverbial shiny object. 

I spent most of Friday traveling, so I couldn't watch even if I wanted to.  But I didn't watch either of Obama's inaugurations, and I can't tell you when I last watched any inauguration. I'm just not into spectacle. 

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
People are dazzled by celebrity.  They may not like the celebrity.  Chances are they know little, if anything, about the celebrity.  But they are drawn to that celebrity like moths to a flame.  It's like the proverbial shiny object. 

I spent most of Friday traveling, so I couldn't watch even if I wanted to.  But I didn't watch either of Obama's inaugurations, and I can't tell you when I last watched any inauguration. I'm just not into spectacle.

Same here. I wouldn't have watched a president I like being sworn in.