Author Topic: The Presidential Portrait Was Taken by a Ten-Year-Old Camera  (Read 779 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
The Presidential Portrait Was Taken by a Ten-Year-Old Camera
« on: January 22, 2017, 09:40:13 pm »
Well, so much for always needing the latest and greatest gear. Even the president's official portrait was shot on a decade-old camera.

What you see below is President Trump's official portrait as it appears on the White House website:

The EXIF data has not been scrubbed from the file, and from it, we can readily see that the portrait was shot on a Canon 1Ds Mark III (a camera released in 2007!), using the 70-200mm f/2.8L IS lens, shot at 1/320 s, 145mm, f/2.8, ISO 640. I'll admit that this was certainly not the equipment nor the setting I expected to see in a presidential portrait. Trump's portrait appears to have been lit by a single light below him and to camera left. 

For comparison the official Obama portrait taken in  2012 was taken with a similar  canon 5d mark iii introduced that year.

https://fstoppers.com/gear/presidential-portrait-was-taken-ten-year-old-camera-162665?utm_source=FS_RSS&utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=Main_RSS

Offline Suppressed

Re: The Presidential Portrait Was Taken by a Ten-Year-Old Camera
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 01:32:54 am »
LOL, what a portrait!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Wingnut

Re: The Presidential Portrait Was Taken by a Ten-Year-Old Camera
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 04:13:28 am »
Lot of extra lighting on the Obama one. Hard to shoot darker subjects without washing them out.