Author Topic: Missile failure off Florida? British leader won't say  (Read 1119 times)

Wingnut

Missile failure off Florida? British leader won't say
« on: January 22, 2017, 07:36:36 pm »
ONDON –  The British government is being accused of concealing the failure of an unarmed ballistic missile launch ahead of a debate in Parliament over whether to refurbish the country's aging Trident nuclear launching system.

Britain's prime minister refused to say Sunday whether she knew about an unarmed Trident missile that reportedly failed when it was test-fired off the coast of Florida last year.

Theresa May told BBC she has total confidence in Britain's Trident nuclear launching system, but didn't confirm or deny a newspaper report about the alleged failure of a ballistic missile designed to carry nuclear warheads.

The prime minister was asked about the missile test after the Sunday Times reported that an unarmed missile launched from a submarine off Florida's coast in June veered off course and may have headed toward the U.S.

The newspaper said top government officials decided to keep the failure of a Trident II D5 ballistic missile out of the public eye because of an upcoming debate the next month in Parliament over whether to spend 40 billion pounds to refurbish the aging Trident, the cornerstone of Britain's nuclear deterrent system.

"I have absolute faith in our Trident missiles," May said Sunday when asked if she had known about a possible missile failure when she spoke to Parliament in July. "When I made that speech in the House of Commons, what we were talking about was whether or not we should renew our Trident, whether or not we should have Trident missiles."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/22/missile-failure-off-florida-british-leader-wont-say.html

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Missile failure off Florida? British leader won't say
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 01:18:44 am »
Any rumor that the missile was aimed in the general direction of Mar e Largo is entirely supposition ....
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 03:37:57 am »
Any rumor that the missile was aimed in the general direction of Mar e Largo is entirely supposition ....

There is that.     

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 04:14:54 am »

I am fine if the UK and the US keep their national security business, hush hush.

We actually had the sense during WWII to do so.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 11:09:02 am »
It's preferred.

But, oh, no. The people's so called "right to know" is more important. No matter how many ops it bleep over or people it gets directly or indirectly killed.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink