Author Topic: The conspiracy to impeach Trump already launched  (Read 3909 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: The conspiracy to impeach Trump already launched
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2017, 10:25:43 pm »
You forget a very important point.  A very large group of republicans can't stand Trump as well.  Not to mention, most of them wake up in the morning and stick their fingers in the air to see which way political wind is blowing.  Not a backbone amongst them.....except maybe Cruz.

There are a few, Cruz, Lee, Sasse etc but those are in the senate and not really an issue with impeachment.

The house is where the real wild cards are because they're tied much more closely to the people of their districts who may demand impeachment if Trump gives them a reason.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2017, 10:27:08 pm »
The democrats aren't going for an actual impeachment because they know they'll never get it.  They're doing this as political theater.  Trump won't be impeached for the next 2 years because the republicans control both houses of Congress.  The only way they get to impeachment is winning control of both houses of Congress in 2 years.  But then, unless they have enough votes in the Senate to assure a vote to convict, they'll end up wasting their valuable political capital the same way the republicans wasted precious capital impeaching Clinton.

I thought Clinton's Impeachment was theater as well.  And frankly I was never a big fan of the idea of "President Gore."

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2017, 10:28:15 pm »
and the possibility of midterm election losses for the president’s party (the normal pattern in American politics), these efforts can’t be dismissed as impossible.

If anyone bothers to look, '18 is going to be another bloodbath year for the Rats. Just look at the Senate seats that are up.

Oceander

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2017, 10:38:49 pm »
I thought Clinton's Impeachment was theater as well.  And frankly I was never a big fan of the idea of "President Gore."

It was theater, but it ended up costing the republicans a shitload of political capital, capital they could ill-afford to waste.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2017, 10:44:42 pm »
It was theater, but it ended up costing the republicans a shitload of political capital, capital they could ill-afford to waste.

And as I said, what was the reward if they succeeded?  We most likely would have been saddled with President Gore, and most likely as the Incumbent, Gore wins in 2000 as well.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2017, 01:01:02 am »
There are a few, Cruz, Lee, Sasse etc but those are in the senate and not really an issue with impeachment.

The house is where the real wild cards are because they're tied much more closely to the people of their districts who may demand impeachment if Trump gives them a reason.

Yes, but the final vote to impeach takes place within the Senate.  The House can't just impeach Trump to impeach him, he has to have committed an impeachable offense; treason, bribery or high crimes and misdemeanors.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2017, 01:10:12 am »
On twitter I have read that some group is suing the federal government for violating the emoluments clause.

:shrug:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2017, 01:20:41 am »
Nope, he won't be impeached in under 2 years unless he does something so egregious that substantial numbers of GOP Congressmen turn against him.  Impeachment is extremely unlikely, for reasons I've given above.
That, and look at how much the GOP whipped its members into fealty during this election. Hardly any public opponent dared cross him, even if they hated him. Ted Cruz. The Texas electors. Countless others. The RNC has its members dancing like Pavlov's dog.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline corbe

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2017, 01:27:39 am »
Yes, but the final vote to impeach takes place within the Senate.  The House can't just impeach Trump to impeach him, he has to have committed an impeachable offense; treason, bribery or high crimes and misdemeanors.

Correction:  The House votes to Impeach, The Senate votes only to convict of the crimes.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2017, 01:39:07 am »
   Correction:  The House votes to Impeach, The Senate votes only to convict of the crimes.

Yep, pretty much what I stated.    :beer:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

HonestJohn

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2017, 01:46:44 am »
Is this really a conspiracy?

Conspiracies tend to be hidden.

This has been out in the open since election day.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2017, 02:11:20 am »
@corbe
@mystery-ak

I doubt Trump will last two years.  He will cease to be president, one of three ways:
1. In my opinion, he has a mental disorder and his family has covered that up for years, except for his verbal outbursts and twitter non-stoppable tweets.  He won't be able to handle the massive job 24 yrs. a day, he won't have the two sons, only the daughter to run the government, and may be committed to a mental hospital due to a breakdown, and Pence becomes President.
2.  Add to the mental disorder, he only sleeps 3 hrs. a night and that may fail him, too, due to the massive job, leading to heart stoppage/stroke/or death and Pence becomes President.
3.  It becomes known (today he said he will never release his tax returns), he is a compromised President, guilty of crimes and/or misdemeanors in his actions as President (it is his way or the highway regardless of law), and is impeached  with Republicans agreeing, and Pence becomes President.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2017, 02:15:07 am »
That means we get President Mike Pence, someone a lot more palatable.

I would hope that the Democrats are more careful in what they hope for.

Democrats aren't as dumb as they look.  Back during the 1997-1998 impeachment proceedings, they sure as heck didn't want Algore to be President.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline musiclady

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2017, 02:21:50 am »
That, and look at how much the GOP whipped its members into fealty during this election. Hardly any public opponent dared cross him, even if they hated him. Ted Cruz. The Texas electors. Countless others. The RNC has its members dancing like Pavlov's dog.

Which is the reason I am no longer a Republican.

They couldn't stand up to the intimidation of a minority of the party, and silenced the conservative wing.

I doubt any of them have the backbone to actually impeach a President, no matter how liberal, who has an "R" by his name.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2017, 02:24:25 am »
I think there will be enough COI issues that will keep DJT occupied and frustrated.  Whether he can keep from losing it after 4 years remains to be seen.

Pence in charge will be a Godsend.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2017, 03:08:18 am »
@corbe
@mystery-ak

I doubt Trump will last two years.  He will cease to be president, one of three ways:
1. In my opinion, he has a mental disorder and his family has covered that up for years, except for his verbal outbursts and twitter non-stoppable tweets.  He won't be able to handle the massive job 24 yrs. a day, he won't have the two sons, only the daughter to run the government, and may be committed to a mental hospital due to a breakdown, and Pence becomes President.
2.  Add to the mental disorder, he only sleeps 3 hrs. a night and that may fail him, too, due to the massive job, leading to heart stoppage/stroke/or death and Pence becomes President.
3.  It becomes known (today he said he will never release his tax returns), he is a compromised President, guilty of crimes and/or misdemeanors in his actions as President (it is his way or the highway regardless of law), and is impeached  with Republicans agreeing, and Pence becomes President.

I have not been a Trump fan and I will be the very first one to again state that he has a narcissistic personality, however, so does Bammy.  Bottom line for me is this; right now we could very well be having to stomach the reality of a president Clinton.  Because of Trump we are rid of Hillary.  Any way you cut it, his Welcome Inauguration Ceremony and his Inauguration were first class.  He didn't focus on himself he focused on our military, our country and her people.  He very clearly stated that he was putting America and Americans first and rightfully so. It's about time.  Several times the man brought tears to my eyes not because his speech was overly fantastic, but because he demonstrated the patriotism in his heart; something that I haven't seen displayed by our past president in the last 8 years. I think it was highly unfair for so many to pre-judge him before he was even sworn in.  He is my President.  Right now, I take offense to the demonstrations, negative assumptions and hopes for his failure.  Really?  Give the man a chance; after all he won the electoral vote.

We need someone in Washington who can drain the swamp and I have hope that Trump will do just that.  I don't know a lot about Pence, but he seems to have a laid back demeanor and the few comments in this forum that have surfaced around him indicates that he has in the past caved to the left.  No thank you.  We don't need someone like that as president.

Hoping that his limited sleep renders him a heart attack is quite shallow.  Frankly, he is very high energy and doesn't seem to require hours and hours of sleep; some people thrive in a stressful environment; Trump seems to be one of them.

I wish our new President well and hope he succeeds.  If he succeeds, America succeeds and if America succeeds the world will be a much better place.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2017, 10:59:55 am »
@corbe
@mystery-ak

I read a bunch of states are going to make it a requirement for Presidential candidates to release their tax returns to even get on the ballot.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2017, 11:06:47 am »

I read a bunch of states are going to make it a requirement for Presidential candidates to release their tax returns to even get on the ballot.

Its a good idea.

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2017, 06:58:33 pm »
@corbe
@mystery-ak

Certainly you are well trained, experienced and wise in a list of such issues.
However, as I read your post . . . I just had a moderate impression of "No." . . . that it won't turn out that way.
I think it's more likely he'll be assassinated.
He could resign if made an offer he 'couldn't refuse.' But I think his stubbornness and pride would work against that.
Speculating on his RAD quotient . . . I think it's a mixed bag. I think he got some significant approval from his dad in his years of working with him. But I suspect the first 6-8 years were devoid of a significant amount of the love he desperately needed.
He's clearly insecure enough to be annoyingly if not shockingly self-aggrandizing. I wonder if his kids and wife will try and moderate that more.
His pride is accordingly well above average.
I know when I first became aware of him, watching his TV show--I thought he was a cruel, blow-hard buffoon. There's still plenty of that flavor about him.
I do suspect that were he to be as mentally compromised as you conclude, he'd not have survived his 4 bankruptcies.
In some respects, I think the stress and dynamics of negotiating, building . . . maybe even tearing down . . . are like an addictive drug to this workaholic. I think that's where he gets a lot of his adrenaline highs.
However, the interviews with his kids present a significantly different picture than even a moderately mentally fragile individual. His kids come across as quite candid, somewhat as does their father. They come across to me as folks used to telling it like they see it. And they describe a father who put them and contact with them so high that they'd be connected by phone in the middle of his business meetings regardless of how high a priority the meeting or members of the meeting were--including with foreign heads of state. And that was evidently true even when they were quite young. That's not common.
They always felt he had their ear and put them at or near the very top of his priorities. That's not common in the business world he lives in. I suspect that somehow his dad may have communicated that value one way or another.
And, all ranks of folks who have worked under him similarly describe a personality at significant odds with the one the media paint and the one you seem to see.
Certainly I see him as mentally compromised to a degree--but to a significantly less fragile, a less hazardous degree than you seem to see him as being afflicted with.
I think he will bring us a number of surprises--a number of them patriotic, up-building. I suspect his leadership will be much better than a list of other presidents. That also may be his downfall and cost him his life but I think that's the way the die is likely to be cast.
Is he a Greek Tragedy figure--lofty with a devastating, utterly crashing-and-burning fatal flaw--as you seem to see him?
I don't know. But I don't think so. I don't think even his serious flaws rise to that level of flawed-ness.
I don't think he will be a boring President. LOL.
I hope he gives the oligarchy serious stomach and other pains.
I pray he stays alive and functioning effectively long enough to throw lots of monkey wrenches in their plans. Time will tell on that and the other scores.
3 hours of sleep is not that much. However, there are a few folks who seem to function well enough for decades on about that much sleep. They are rare. They do exist. The pottery master is one.
I am a bit troubled by his keeping FBI Director Comey. Troubling. Did Comey play an Edgar Hoover on him? I hope not.
I personally don't think his tax returns are a huge deal. If he released them, they are likely so complex and massive, there would be no end of the feeding frenzy of those who seek to destroy him. He doesn't need that grief and neither does the nation.
Regardless, Almighty God Yehovah sets up and takes leaders down. HE will decide that issue for HIS own purposes.
Look how long the traitor, very serious narcissist, imposter, illegal immigrant, Marxist, Destroyer, etc. OThuga remained in power. Evidently we deserved him for a long list of reasons and we got what we deserved--an oligarchy chosen, trained and conditioned Destroyer-in-Chief.
I just don't think that at 70 years old--given all the extensive stresses in his long life--he would still be functioning at anywhere near effective levels if he were as seriously mentally compromised as you see him.
Past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior. And at 70 years of tolerable functioning, I'd speculate he's got a number of more years left at more or less effective functioning.
Interesting issue, anyway.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 07:03:41 pm by Quix »
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Offline libertybele

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2017, 10:20:53 pm »
Thank you @libertybele   I am with you. Nothing would make me happier than Trump to have a successful presidency.

If he is impeached then the voices of the people who elected him will be silenced and the Washington cartel continues. I don't see that as being at all advantageous for our country. The groups that protest are basically leftist progressive morons who could give a squat about the Constitution or our country. We elected a president.  Trump won; those that wanted Hillary and are protesting are denying the rest of the country a peaceful transfer of power.  Those in Congress who have been plotting to bring him down are no better than flies on a pile of feces.