Author Topic: The US Army Wants To Design Biodegradable Plant-Growing Bullets  (Read 1318 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
As you well know, bullets are designed to kill people. So far, so bad, but the metallic compounds in them also tend to leach into the environment and kill off plants and wildlife too.

At training facilities the world over, the US Army uses live ammunition to gear up their soldiers for combat. These bullets just remain in the wild, and do their damage. Deciding that enough is enough, officials are now asking for proposals to design biodegradable bullets that shall harm the environment no more.

http://www.iflscience.com/environment/us-army-design-biodegradable-plantgrowing-bullets/
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

Re: The US Army Wants To Design Biodegradable Plant-Growing Bullets
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 02:38:49 am »
As you well know, bullets are designed to kill people. So far, so bad, but the metallic compounds in them also tend to leach into the environment and kill off plants and wildlife too.

At training facilities the world over, the US Army uses live ammunition to gear up their soldiers for combat. These bullets just remain in the wild, and do their damage. Deciding that enough is enough, officials are now asking for proposals to design biodegradable bullets that shall harm the environment no more.

So the next time someone is raiding your melon patch, if you get a shot off, you'll know who it was - Just wait three weeks and look for someone growing broccoli outta their butt.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 02:39:20 am by roamer_1 »

Online dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 02:40:03 am »
Are these Jocelyn Elders' "Safer Bullets"?

geronl

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 02:45:19 am »
Pushing up daisies gets a new meaning

Groot .45!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 01:55:43 pm »
One of the stupidest things I have ever read.

Has no place in fighting and winning a war.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 07:01:36 pm »
They already exist. BAE designed them 10 years ago.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink