Author Topic: Ex-CIA director: Trump should be ashamed of himself  (Read 1209 times)

Online corbe

Ex-CIA director: Trump should be ashamed of himself
« on: January 22, 2017, 12:25:13 am »

Ex-CIA director: Trump should be ashamed of himself

By Nikita Vladimirov - 01/21/17 07:13 PM EST 

Former CIA Director John Brennan was reportedly "deeply saddened" by President Trump's remarks at the Central Intelligence Agency on Saturday.

According to former CIA deputy chief of staff Nick Shapiro, Brennan believes that Trump "should be ashamed of himself" for his "display of self-aggrandizement."

“Former CIA director Brennan is deeply saddened and angered at Donald Trump's despicable display of self-aggrandizement in front of CIA's Memorial Wall of Agency heroes. Brennan says that Trump should be ashamed of himself,” Shapiro said in a pair of tweets.

Former CIA Dir Brennan is deeply saddened and angered at Trump's despicable display of self-aggrandizement...(1/2)
— Nick Shapiro (@nick_shapiro) January 21, 2017

...in front of CIA's Memorial Wall of Agency heroes. Brennan says that Trump should be ashamed of himself." (2/2)
— Nick Shapiro (@nick_shapiro) January 21, 2017

During his remarks on Saturday, Trump took the opportunity to blast the media for their coverage of the inauguration, accusing news networks of lying about the size of the crowd that attended the event.

"Honestly it looked like a million and half people, whatever it was it was. But it went all the way back to the Washington Monument ... and by mistake I get this network and it showed an empty field, and it said we drew 250,000 people. Now that's not bad, but its a lie," Trump said.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/intelligence/315503-former-cia-director-trump-should-be-ashamed-of-himself
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline beandog

Re: Ex-CIA director: Trump should be ashamed of himself
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 12:50:34 am »
Brennen should be ashamed of himself for being such a miserable, worthless CIA Director.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 12:51:22 am »
Brennen should be ashamed of himself for being such a miserable, worthless CIA Director.

No kidding.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 01:11:23 am »
Brennan is the definition of garbage. He is also a proven liar.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 01:11:59 am »
And another source stated the agents gave Trump a five minute standing ovation.

They said Brennan was referred to as "comrade."

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

HonestJohn

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 01:47:56 am »
And another source stated the agents gave Trump a five minute standing ovation.

They said Brennan was referred to as "comrade."

Post the source.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 01:57:18 am »
Oh, Go Pray Towards Mecca, Brennan.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 02:18:45 am »
Post the source.
XM Sirius today when outdoors. Either Fox News or Patriot channel.

Then I found this:

"Last week, however, CNN reporter Tal Kopan found a striking admission from CIA Director John Brennan. When he first applied to join the CIA, and received his polygraph test, he was asked this standard question:

Have you ever worked with or for a group that was dedicated to overthrowing the US?

Remarking on this last week during a panel discussion at the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation's annual conference, Brennan said: “I froze.... This was back in 1980, and I thought back to a previous election where I voted, and I voted for the Communist Party candidate." Brennan was responding to a question about barriers to recruiting diverse candidates for the intelligence agencies, including whether past records of activism could hurt someone applying for a clearance later in life.

Brennan called his support of the Communist Party a mere “indiscretion,” and reminded his audience that the Constitution grants free speech."

https://pjmedia.com/ronradosh/2016/09/21/cia-brennan-voted-for-communist/

The I found this:

"He got a standing ovation from all of the CIA staff because I think they finally felt the personality of the man."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/21/politics/trump-cia-inauguration-barrack-smerconish-cnntv/
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 02:30:39 am by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Puss-N-Boots

• God. Family. Seahawks!
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2017, 11:13:05 am »
The CIA employees didn't seem to mind.  I'll be seeing my best friend this week, she works for CIA and it will be interesting to get her take.
The Constitution is not a suggestion.

Offline beandog

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2017, 01:37:25 pm »
This is really stupid.  The idiot citizens of DC and Maryland voted overwhelmingly for the Bamster.  They live right there and therefore it's easier for them to attend.  I'm sure just about every liberal and black in DC attended the Bamster's inauguration.  Had the inauguration been held in the south or the midwest the Donald would have had more.

That and because of the threat of violence kept people from attending.  People don't want to put their children in that position.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2017, 02:07:29 pm »
I heard the speech I actually thought he did a good job.  :shrug:

It was way better than his inauguration speech. It was... positive.

HonestJohn

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2017, 01:39:45 am »
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-cia-meeting-full-support-condemns-media-isis-a7539766.html

It turns out the cheering came from non-CIA personnel Trump brought with him for the event.