Author Topic: Do We Elect a President to 'Put America Second'?  (Read 1652 times)

Offline endicom

Do We Elect a President to 'Put America Second'?
« on: January 21, 2017, 11:42:18 pm »
PJ Media
Rick Moran
Jan. 21, 2017

This is a very simple question that I would like to put to those who are objecting to the notion that Trump is wrong to "Put America First."

Ask the average voter whether the president should protect American interests ahead of other countries' interests, or whether he should subsume American interests to further the cause of globalization, or peace, or any other highfalutin "cause" that presidents are wont to embrace? You should not be surprised at the answer.

So all the angst being shown by the left over Trump's "nationalistic" (they really mean "fascist") talk is really all about Trump's rhetorical refusal to allow American interests to take a back seat to the interests of Europe, or Asia, or even Africa.

More... https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/01/21/do-we-elect-a-president-to-put-america-second/

Well, I wouldn't wait for Lichtenstein to save us.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Do We Elect a President to 'Put America Second'?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 11:45:24 pm »
This is a very simple question that I would like to put to those who are objecting to the notion that Trump is wrong to "Put America First."

Otherwise known as Commie Obama voters.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 11:50:08 pm »
PJ Media
Rick Moran
Jan. 21, 2017

Ask the average voter whether the president should protect American interests ahead of other countries' interests, or whether he should subsume American interests to further the cause of globalization, or peace, or any other highfalutin "cause" that presidents are wont to embrace? You should not be surprised at the answer.

So all the angst being shown by the left over Trump's "nationalistic" (they really mean "fascist") talk is really all about Trump's rhetorical refusal to allow American interests to take a back seat to the interests of Europe, or Asia, or even Africa.

More... https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/01/21/do-we-elect-a-president-to-put-america-second/

Well, I wouldn't wait for Lichtenstein to save us.

For years we've had to endure politicians and oligarchs putting themselves first by putting America second. Time to try something new.

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 11:53:47 pm »

Otherwise known as Commie Obama voters.

I just noticed that he worded the first sentence poorly.

"This is a very simple question that I would like to put to those who are objecting to the notion that Trump is right to "Put America First."

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 11:56:16 pm »
I just noticed that he worded the first sentence poorly.

"This is a very simple question that I would like to put to those who are objecting to the notion that Trump is right to "Put America First."

I thought the job of POTUS was to put America first.  Hopefully I was not mistaken.
God is still in control

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 12:02:14 am »
I thought the job of POTUS was to put America first.  Hopefully I was not mistaken.
I would hope so. There is nothing racist, anti-Semitic or anti-justaboutanything about putting America first, unless you're not an American - in which case, I'm not terribly concerned about your opinion.

We wouldn't have elected a Trump (and he wasn't my first choice) if we hadn't had to endure eight years of a president who absolutely and unequivocally hated the USA. All that idiot Obama had to do, just once, was say that this was his country, he loved it, and he wanted to do whatever was in the best interest of it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 12:05:06 am »
Well considering the fact that we've managed to elect 2 narcissists in a row I'd have to say yes.

The first press conference was to whine about te media and the size of the crowd.

Offline endicom

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 12:06:51 am »

You can't very well help anyone else if you've reduced yourself to nothing. As with an individual, so with a nation.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 12:09:22 am »
We elect a President to be Commander in Chief of the United States Armed Forces and to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.

We do not elect a President to subvert that in the name of 'Making America First'. Nationalism isn't Constitutional Liberty.  In many ways it is the opposite of that. It puts the collective need (as defined by the leaders of the time) over the individual.

America is great because of individual liberty is (was) protected over collective demand.

Offline endicom

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2017, 01:02:29 am »
We elect a President to be Commander in Chief of the United States Armed Forces and to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.

We do not elect a President to subvert that in the name of 'Making America First'. Nationalism isn't Constitutional Liberty.  In many ways it is the opposite of that. It puts the collective need (as defined by the leaders of the time) over the individual.

America is great because of individual liberty is (was) protected over collective demand.

The president shouldn't be involved in border control?

The president should have military forces do border control?

The president should leave border control to the states so that Jerry Brown can invite the world into the United States?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2017, 01:22:54 am »
If an American  president doesn't put America first, then which nation should he put first?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2017, 05:15:19 pm »
The idea of putting the priorities of the nation above any dogma is central to any nation's existence. Neglecting that, particularly on the Democratic side (progressive social engineering and sympathizing with foreign squatters) but also on the Republican (obsessing over "free trade" because growth), is the main reason we ended up in this mess in the first place.

It's one thing I agree with Trump's *stated* position on entirely. Our country has a basic responsibility to defend itself, by way of military defense, border defense and yes, even economic defense. Many of the problems we have (loss of low-end jobs to immigrants, loss of middle-level jobs to outsourcing, increased tax burden because of William Brennan's ludicrous ruling giving illegal aliens under 18 the rights of the Fourteenth Amendment and free public education) are a direct result of not putting our country's needs above foreigners'.

After that, then we can look at which way we want to govern ourselves. A government can give free reign to its own citizens while still protecting itself enough to ensure that free reign.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024