Author Topic: White House website promotes Melania Trump’s modeling and jewelry line  (Read 1214 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
White House website promotes Melania Trump’s modeling and jewelry line
 Kelsey Snell The Washington Post
First Published Jan 20 2017 02:08PM    •    Last Updated Jan 20 2017 02:09 pm

Visitors to the newly revamped White House website get more than a simple rundown of first lady Melania Trump's charitable works and interests — they also get a list of her magazine cover appearances and details on her jewelry line at QVC.

Trump's biography starts with traditional details such as her date of birth in her native country of Slovenia and information about her background as a model. That's when the brief backgrounder takes a promotional turn. The website includes a lengthy list of brands that hired her as a model and several of the magazines in which she appeared, including the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.

It is not uncommon for the White House to note the accomplishments of the first lady in her official biography, but Trump's decision to include a detailed list of her media appearances is unusual.

The site also lists the brand names of Trump's jewelry lines sold on QVC, at a time when questions have been raised by critics about the ethical implications of the family's business entanglements.

Continued: http://www.sltrib.com/home/4844287-155/white-house-website-promotes-melania-trumps

Links to promotions might be more correct. Now on QVC, authentic first lady jewelry.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 06:14:52 pm by TomSea »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Sorry, I'm laughing too hard to get indignant about this.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

geronl

Wow. This guy needs to be removed from office now.

Offline skeeter

This is all I found on the WH website:

"Melania is also a successful entrepreneur. In April 2010, Melania Trump launched her own jewelry collection."

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Here's the offensive promotion of her jewelry line:

Melania is also a successful entrepreneur. In April 2010, Melania Trump launched her own jewelry collection.

This previously read

"Melania is also a successful entrepreneur. In April 2010, Melania Trump launched her own jewelry collection, 'Melania Timepieces & Jewelry,' on QVC."

So - be offended. Be verrrrrryyyyyy offended.

Or stop being a total dick.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

geronl

This is all I found on the WH website:

"Melania is also a successful entrepreneur. In April 2010, Melania Trump launched her own jewelry collection."

Only a matter of time until the pop-up ads start

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I went and checked it out. It isn't 'promoting' or advertising. It is just a bio and talks about the businesses she has, like a CV.

It doesn't seem as controversial as the media would like it to be.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
HSN meets Whitehouse.gov

**nononono*
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!