Author Topic: Saturday Night Live Writer Smears Donald Trump’s 10-Year-Old Son  (Read 5265 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Saturday Night Live Writer Smears Donald Trump’s 10-Year-Old Son
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2017, 10:44:02 pm »
That's a personal attack.   Feel better?

I advocated nothing of the sort.

Just making an observation that a celebrity would have to be insane to attack a ten year old child of the President.

...especially when we're speaking about Donald Trump's penchant to strike back.

It's scary that people like you exist in this country.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2017, 11:55:18 pm »

It's scary that people like you exist in this country.

There's at least another 62+ Million ....just like me.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2017, 02:48:05 pm »
I actually feel sorry for that boy,but I seriously doubt I will feel anything but contempt for the man he will grow up to be.

Everytime I have seen him on stage,he seems to be lonely,frightened,and confused. I suspect,but do NOT know this to be a fact,that his parents mostly keep him isolated in penthouses and chauffeured cars,and the only people he is ever around are relatives or employees of his family,such as tutors,cooks,maids,etc,etc,etc.

Boy need to spend time with other boys doing stupid boy stuff. Doing stupid stuff is how you learn and gain judgement. It also frees you mentally to meet and mingle with all sorts of people without fear or awkwardness,so you can deal with them as equals in some sense and learn from them just like they learn from you.

Granted,the great wealth of his family and the threat of kidnapping probably plays a major role in this,but I sure wish they could come up with some sort of plan that allows that boy to be a boy before he becomes an adult boy.

We may disagree on most things, pete, but I'm completely in agreement with you.

My "three boys" will be 28, 15, and 7 this year (two sons and grandson). Based on the success of our recently completed road trip to Nashville (Gonzaga-Tennessee basketball game), I realize that I need to do more of that, i.e. a few days without women, to do silly stuff without worrying what Mom/wife/Grandma will think or nit-pick on. IOW, a "helicopter free weekend."

Last weekend, my son served in the role of senior patrol leader on a Scout campout. I heard very good things about his performance, and I'm sure he's learned some level of patience thanks to his nephew.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2017, 02:52:26 pm »
There's at least another 62+ Million ....just like me.   :laugh:

Really? There's that many people that hope that the President uses his office to punish people who wrong him?

That's sad, and scary. You're just as bad as those who attack this Trump kid.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2017, 03:07:56 pm »
@rangerrebew

The SNL writer should get facts before she writes.  He isn't being homeschooled and I doubt he is being taught to shoot.
This writer was just trying to come up with something that would shock to be used on SNL.  She appears to be young and likely does not have children so she didn't have a clue she shouldn't write that.  Now, she knows.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2017, 03:19:55 pm »
There is only one effective way to treat a bully.

Offline Night Hides Not

Poor, Poor (Katie) Rich Girl (my title)
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2017, 04:52:56 pm »
Katie Rich really showing the courage of her convictions by deleting her Twitter account. My question of the day is  (besides "will the Zags move up to #3 in the rankings?) will SNL cave and fire her for that ill-advised (and very disgusting) tweet targeting Barron Trump?

[urlhttps://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2017/01/23/after-barron-trump-homeschool-shooter-tweet-snl-writer-deletes-her-account/?utm_term=.9a6a19b58d77][/url]

When are people going to learn to think, and rethink, and consider their postings on Twitter prior to hitting the send button. I don't tweet or do Facebook. I get into enough trouble with my wife when she doesn't like some of my posts on TBR or other sites.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2017, 05:32:39 pm »
Sorry @Hondo69, I didn't see the thread when I posted mine this morning (Poor, poor (Katie) Rich Girl).

@Mod2 : Feel free to merge that thread with this one, we're talking about the same, vile person.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2017, 07:14:51 pm »
There is only one effective way to treat a bully.

I used to beat them up on the playground in elementary school

Is that what you mean?   ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Night Hides Not

Offline musiclady

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2017, 09:04:02 pm »
Update, SNL writer suspended "indefinitely", tweets apology:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2017/01/23/after-barron-trump-homeschool-shooter-tweet-snl-writer-deletes-her-account/?utm_term=.6fd49b4448c8#comments

Is that a typical leftist apology? "I'm really sorry that you didn't get what I was saying and got mad, even though I didn't do anything wrong?"

One of those apologies??
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 09:04:26 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2017, 09:07:56 pm »
Is that a typical leftist apology? "I'm really sorry that you didn't get what I was saying and got mad, even though I didn't do anything wrong?"

One of those apologies??

No, oddly enough, it appears to be a real apology:  "Rich restored her Twitter account and tweeted an apology, though all of her other tweets have been deleted. “I sincerely apologize for the insensitive tweet. I deeply regret my actions & offensive words. It was inexcusable & I’m so sorry,” she wrote."

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2017, 09:10:10 pm »
Nah, she actually said she was wrong and it was inexcusable. Of course, she means it was wrong for me to be criticised and inexcusable that I be suspended .....
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline musiclady

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2017, 09:17:56 pm »
No, oddly enough, it appears to be a real apology:  "Rich restored her Twitter account and tweeted an apology, though all of her other tweets have been deleted. “I sincerely apologize for the insensitive tweet. I deeply regret my actions & offensive words. It was inexcusable & I’m so sorry,” she wrote."

"Appears" being the operative word?   :smokin:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2017, 09:23:27 pm »

"Appears" being the operative word?   :smokin:

I don't know what's in her heart, but I am impressed that it's not a weasel apology.

Offline Hondo69

« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2017, 09:24:52 pm »
I used to beat them up on the playground in elementary school

Is that what you mean?   ^-^

Well, not necessarily, but that work as well.  My thinking was forcing them to pay a price they're unwilling to pay.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2017, 09:38:14 pm »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2017, 09:45:20 pm »

Not sure what point you're making with that.  (Great movie, BTW)

Offline musiclady

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2017, 10:32:18 pm »
I don't know what's in her heart, but I am impressed that it's not a weasel apology.

True.

Even that much of an apology is rare for a leftist.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2017, 10:33:28 pm »
Well, not necessarily, but that work as well.  My thinking was forcing them to pay a price they're unwilling to pay.

Hmmm............ intriguing.  What price are you thinking of?

I mean besides the good old fashioned beating up, that is?  :dx1:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2017, 10:35:24 pm »
Not sure what point you're making with that.  (Great movie, BTW)
The point is that apology sounded like the apology that Archie was forced to say in the movie.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2017, 11:03:04 pm »
The point is that apology sounded like the apology that Archie was forced to say in the movie.

Maybe she was sincere, maybe she wasn't.  We don't have a way of knowing at this point in time.

Offline Hondo69

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2017, 12:14:09 am »
Hmmm............ intriguing.  What price are you thinking of?

I mean besides the good old fashioned beating up, that is?  :dx1:

Well, in this particular case you could humiliate and harass that person until they coil up in the fetal position and a whole team of psychiatrists could never straighten her out.  That's one thought.

Wingnut

« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2017, 12:17:49 am »
There should be a min 1 hour delay on all tweets sent.  It could help the twits from saying stupid stuff and getting fired.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2017, 12:23:10 am »
Is this the first recorded job loss under the Donny Administration?