Author Topic: Mexican Government Deploys 500 Soldiers Across the Border to Cd. Mier  (Read 742 times)

rangerrebew

Mexican Government Deploys 500 Soldiers Across the Border to Cd. Mier
Posted: Jan 19, 2017 11:37 PM EST
Updated: Jan 19, 2017 11:37 PM EST

CIUDAD MIER, Mexico - The Mexican Military announced the arrival of hundreds of soldiers in Cuidad Mier, a city south of the Rio Grande.

The soldiers arrived on Wednesday to an area also known for cartel violence. Officials said 500 soldiers will work with federal, state and city governments.

http://www.krgv.com/story/34304438/mexican-government-deploys-500-soldiers-across-the-border-to-cd-mier
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 07:24:24 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Mexican Government Deploys 500 Soldiers Across the Border to Cd. Mier
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 07:49:38 pm »
According to this blog, this is Ciudad Mier; I probably won't be vacationing in Sunny Mexico here.

https://covalto.wordpress.com/2011/05/21/cd-mier-lenta-reconstruccion/
Searching the news, this place has apparently been a hotspot for the last several years, gangs fighting, probably the cartel of the Zetas against the Gulf cartel, CDG.

geronl

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 07:55:41 pm »
It is close to Falcon Lake (the border runs through it) where Mexican gangs and drug runners have shot at people and did their thing, even on the US side of the lake.

It is international and you can buy Mexican fishing licenses in Zapata, Texas.

Maximum depth: 110 feet, so it's going to take quite a wall.....

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 08:02:07 pm »
It is close to Falcon Lake (the border runs through it) where Mexican gangs and drug runners have shot at people and did their thing, even on the US side of the lake.

It is international and you can buy Mexican fishing licenses in Zapata, Texas.

Maximum depth: 110 feet, so it's going to take quite a wall.....

Childs play for any of the big construction firms. I'd recommend watching some "Megastructures" videos on Youtube to see a true engineering challenge or 200.

The problem is the WILL to do it.

geronl

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 08:05:34 pm »
Childs play for any of the big construction firms. I'd recommend watching some "Megastructures" videos on Youtube to see a true engineering challenge or 200.

The problem is the WILL to do it.

Trying to run a wall through the middle of a lake is going to make the EPA go nuts. An environmental impact statement would require years of study. Plus, It wouldn't take too long for the Mexican side to become polluted and their fish die off, they'll blame the US for that, naturally.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 08:09:17 pm »
Trying to run a wall through the middle of a lake is going to make the EPA go nuts. An environmental impact statement would require years of study. Plus, It wouldn't take too long for the Mexican side to become polluted and their fish die off, they'll blame the US for that, naturally.

Make it a grate smaller than human sized and guard it. It's a matter of will.

I DGAF what the EPA thinks nor the liberals. But then I don't think we have the will anyway. Nothing but cowards in America now.