Author Topic: Judge Orders Idaho to Destroy Elk and Wolf Wilderness Data  (Read 1253 times)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Judge Orders Idaho to Destroy Elk and Wolf Wilderness Data
« on: January 20, 2017, 05:41:59 pm »
Judge Orders Idaho to Destroy Elk and Wolf Wilderness Data
By KEITH RIDLER, ASSOCIATED PRESS BOISE, Idaho — Jan 19, 2017, 7:37 PM ET

Idaho must destroy all information collected from tracking collars placed on elk and wolves obtained illegally by landing a helicopter in a central Idaho wilderness area, a federal judge ordered Thursday.

U.S. District Court Judge B. Lynn Winmill in the 24-page ruling said it's such an extreme case that "the only remedy that will directly address the ongoing harm is an order requiring destruction of the data."

Winmill said the U.S. Forest Service in January 2016 broke environmental laws when it authorized Idaho Fish and Game to put collars on elk by making helicopter landings in the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness, where engines are prohibited.

The state agency placed the collars on about 60 elk to gather information it said was needed to better understand what was causing reductions in the elk population in the wilderness.

But state workers also put collars on four wolves in an action the Forest Service didn't authorize. The state agency blamed miscommunication with a helicopter crew....
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/judge-orders-idaho-destroy-elk-wolf-wilderness-data-44900609
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

Re: Judge Orders Idaho to Destroy Elk and Wolf Wilderness Data
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 05:43:16 pm »
Childish stupidity...  You landed a helicopter in the woods so we are going to make you shred all of the data you need to manage the wilderness. Your tax dollars at work.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 05:50:07 pm »
The Winmills of his mind.

Like a circle in a spiral...

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 06:03:56 pm »

One thing wrong in America, is judges needing 24 pages for opinions.

Long live the elk and wolves, btw.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 06:18:58 pm »
So, if they had just hovered, the data would be ok?

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 06:22:59 pm »
So, if they had just hovered, the data would be ok?
If I'm reading it right they problem was the went and collared some wolves and elk in the wilderness area where they were supposed to; hence the helicopter. Instead of the Feds telling them: Don't do it again, they threw a hissy fit and decided to punish them by making them throw the data out.

Idaho ought to tell Feds to stick it in their ear.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 06:23:45 pm by Idaho_Cowboy »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 06:24:40 pm »

Idaho ought to tell Feds to stick it in their ear.

I agree!

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 06:26:33 pm »

I agree!
Our governor has done it before, but he lost the fire in his belly at some point and so it's just wishful thinking.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 07:02:59 pm »
This reads like Alice in Wonderland. 'You wore the blue dress in the house today instead of the red dress. You know on Friday's you can only wear the red dress, so you must burn your house down!'
The Republic is lost.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 03:40:11 pm »
From the article:

But environmental groups contend wilderness areas are specifically set aside to allow for natural prey-predator dynamics free of human interference.

These wolves are introduced. They aren't native.

The 3,700-square-mile mountainous and inaccessible River of No Return is generally considered a sanctuary from which young wolves disperse in search of new territory.

And they are dispersing.

Here is some info from our esteemed Jeff Head.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiG38TKxtPRAhVlwlQKHR45C6gQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jeffhead.com%2Fidwolves.htm&psig=AFQjCNGEJ9Q01ocBLGsXO1cYPBwhsZXkmQ&ust=1485098837743422

These environmental groups don't want the truth about the dangers and damage caused by this planned INFECTION of wolves into the environment.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline CommerceComet

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2017, 10:59:18 pm »
From the article:

But environmental groups contend wilderness areas are specifically set aside to allow for natural prey-predator dynamics free of human interference.

These wolves are introduced. They aren't native.

The 3,700-square-mile mountainous and inaccessible River of No Return is generally considered a sanctuary from which young wolves disperse in search of new territory.

And they are dispersing.

Here is some info from our esteemed Jeff Head.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiG38TKxtPRAhVlwlQKHR45C6gQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jeffhead.com%2Fidwolves.htm&psig=AFQjCNGEJ9Q01ocBLGsXO1cYPBwhsZXkmQ&ust=1485098837743422

These environmental groups don't want the truth about the dangers and damage caused by this planned INFECTION of wolves into the environment.
We're starting to see why our forefathers wiped out the wolves. Nothing but vermin. IMO, a few wolf packs in the back country of national parks (Yellowstone, Glacier, Rocky Mountain, etc.) are fine but any wolf outside of the park boundaries should be afforded no protection at any time.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2017, 11:02:56 pm »
Childish stupidity...  You landed a helicopter in the woods so we are going to make you shred all of the data you need to manage the wilderness. Your tax dollars at work.

Only because you and I both know what that data revealed about the diminishing elk herds...
Damn McKenzie River wolves.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 11:03:25 pm by roamer_1 »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2017, 11:03:18 pm »
We're starting to see why our forefathers wiped out the wolves. Nothing but vermin. IMO, a few wolf packs in the back country of national parks (Yellowstone, Glacier, Rocky Mountain, etc.) are fine but any wolf outside of the park boundaries should be afforded no protection at any time.

That is why you can hunt wolves in Idaho.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2017, 11:07:56 pm »

There's always been wolves here. That's the trouble. The wolves they've shipped in will inevitably destroy the Rocky Mountain Timber Wolves that I tracked in my youth... Replaced by (or bred into) these massive creatures with massive packs, not made for this landscape.

Timber wolves are reclusive, and run in small family packs. They're leaner, and longer in the leg... and damn hard to find.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2017, 11:16:16 pm »
It seems the judge is ordering a direct violation of the Federal Records Act.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2017, 11:20:22 pm »
It seems the judge is ordering a direct violation of the Federal Records Act.

Since it was done during the obama run re hillary there was no violation and the judge wanted to make sure the envirowhackos had plenty of time to bring on the tears.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2017, 11:24:35 pm »
That is why you can hunt wolves in Idaho.

Wish that were so here in MT... We're still covered by the 3S plan.