Author Topic: ***THE OFFICIAL FRIDAY SILLINESS FOR 1/20***  (Read 2900 times)

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
***THE OFFICIAL FRIDAY SILLINESS FOR 1/20***
« on: January 20, 2017, 01:36:27 pm »
In honor of National Cheese Lover Day
Here is some cheesy memes....

And now we begin a new chapter...

But there needs to be some control

Some will need this today and going forward....

And for some...

and

Offline ShadowAce

Re: ***THE OFFICIAL FRIDAY SILLINESS FOR 1/20***
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 01:40:38 pm »
WooHoo!!!   :patriot:  :amen:

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 01:42:50 pm »
TIME FOR

SAY GOODBYE TO OBAMA MEME

888high58888 PINGALING LIST – Let me know if you want on or off!!    :tongue2: [/font]
@1poxgi@AbaraXas  - @Acemodean  - @alicewonders  - @andy58-in-nh  - @An@annieokie  - @ArneFufkin  - @austingirl  - @berferdt  -  @BigHomer - @Bigun@bob434@bolobaby@bootless@catfish1957@CatherineofAragon@cato potatoe  -  @chae@Charlespg@Chasaway@ConstitutionRose@Cowboyway@CSM  - @Cyber Liberty -   @DCPatriot@Dexter@Diamond6@DiogenesLamp@Doug Loss  -  @DrewsDad@driftdiver@EasyAce@EC@Eowyn@ExFreeper@Fishrrman@Frank Cannon  -  @Free Vulcan  -  @Freya -   @GilesB@goatprairie@gorush - @Gov Bean Counter  -  @GrouchoTex@guitar4jesus@HAPPY2BME@Hoodat@Idaho_Cowboy@INVAR@IsailedawayfromFR@Jazzhead@jmyrlefuller@Just_Victor@Kaslin@kevindavis@kidd@Kinsman Redeemer  -  @kjam22 -   @Lando Lincoln  -  @Leto@libertybele@LonestarDream@LottieDah@M1078@Machiavelli@MACVSOG68@Maj. Bill Martin  -  @MajorClay@Major Confusion@Manic Episode  -  @markomalley@MBB1984@mcjordansc@MeshugeMikey@Millee@Minarch@mirraflake@mlizzy@montanajoe@mountaineer@mrpotatohead@mystery-ak@Neverdul@Nickname -   @Oceander@PinkFlipFlops@plewis1250@pogo101@Polly Tix  -  @pookie18@PROCON@r9etb@rangerrebew@rb224315@RedHead@Relic@Resp3@RetBobbyMI@Richardtavor@Unlimited  -  @roamer_1@rodamala@RoosGirl -  @Salem Poor  -  @Sanguine@ScottinVA@ShadowAce@sinkspur@SirLinksALot@sitetest@skeeter@Smokin Joe  -  @sneakypete@Springfield Reformer  -  @Stargazer@starstruck@stevekrz@Suppressed@SZonian@Texas Yellow Rose  - @the_doc@TheMom@ThePatriotFile@The_Reader_David@Timber Rattler  -  @TomSea@truth_seeker@TurkeyLurkey@TXnTX@txradioguy - @uglybiker@Variant@verga@Victoria33@WAC@washi@Weird Tolkienish Figure  -  @Wingnut

Online Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 01:49:07 pm »
Here's to former President Obama:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsaTElBljOE
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 01:49:24 pm »

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline uglybiker

nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2017, 02:21:40 pm »
OMG! You won't believe what happened last night! I went to the convenient store at the gas station and I noticed these two cops looking at a guy that was smoking while fueling up. I saw him and wondered if you are allowed to smoke when you are pumping gas. So I went in the store to buy a water. Then, when I was paying, someone behind me started screaming "Look outside... someone's arm is on fire!!!" I looked over and the guy that was smoking at the pump was jumping around and waving his arm around and just going nuts. I passed by him when I walked towards my car, and the cops had put him on the ground and were putting the fire out with an extinguisher. After the chaos, I saw the cops put handcuffs on him and were walking him to their car. I had to ask why they were arresting him.... I figured that catching his arm on fire was punishment enough. But I kid you not, he looked me dead in my eye and said: For waving a fire-arm.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2017, 02:28:56 pm »
For waving a fire-arm.

Oh, no......   **nononono*

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2017, 02:31:37 pm »
OMG! You won't believe what happened last night! I went to the convenient store at the gas station and I noticed these two cops looking at a guy that was smoking while fueling up. I saw him and wondered if you are allowed to smoke when you are pumping gas. So I went in the store to buy a water. Then, when I was paying, someone behind me started screaming "Look outside... someone's arm is on fire!!!" I looked over and the guy that was smoking at the pump was jumping around and waving his arm around and just going nuts. I passed by him when I walked towards my car, and the cops had put him on the ground and were putting the fire out with an extinguisher. After the chaos, I saw the cops put handcuffs on him and were walking him to their car. I had to ask why they were arresting him.... I figured that catching his arm on fire was punishment enough. But I kid you not, he looked me dead in my eye and said: For waving a fire-arm.

:pondering:  :smokin:
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2017, 02:34:12 pm »
There is a reason why all things are as they are...A little history lesson. Enjoy.  :seeya:

They used to use urine to tan animal skins, so families used to all pee in a pot & then once a day it was taken & Sold to the tannery.......if you had to do this to survive you were "Piss Poor". But worse than that were the really poor folk who couldn't even afford to buy a pot......they "didn't have a pot to piss in" & were the lowest of the low. 22222frying pan

The next time you are washing your hands and complain because the water temperature isn't just how you like it, think about how things used to be. Here are some facts about the 1500s:
 000hehehehe
 Most people got married in June because they took their yearly bath in May, and they still smelled pretty good by June. However, since they were starting to smell . ...... . Brides carried a bouquet of flowers to hide the body odor. Hence the custom today of carrying a bouquet when getting Married.

Baths consisted of a big tub filled with hot water. The man of the house had the privilege of the nice clean water, then all the other sons and men, then the women and finally the children. Last of all the babies. By then the water was so dirty you could actually lose someone in it. Hence the saying, "Don't throw the baby out with the Bath water!"

Houses had thatched roofs-thick straw-piled high, with no wood underneath. It was the only place for animals to get warm, so all the cats and other small animals (mice, bugs) lived in the roof. When it rained it became slippery and sometimes the animals would slip and fall off the roof... Hence the saying "It's raining cats and dogs." :howlin:

There was nothing to stop things from falling into the house. This posed a real problem in the bedroom where bugs and other droppings could mess up your nice clean bed. Hence, a bed with big posts and a sheet hung over the top afforded some protection. That's how canopy beds came into existence. :woohoo:

The floor was dirt. Only the wealthy had something other than dirt. Hence the saying, "Dirt poor." The wealthy had slate floors that would get slippery in the winter when wet, so they spread thresh (straw) on floor to help keep their footing. As the winter wore on, they added more thresh until, when you opened the door, it would all start slipping outside. A piece of wood was placed in the entrance-way. Hence: a "thresh hold."

In those old days, they cooked in the kitchen with a big kettle that always hung over the fire.. Every day they lit the fire and added things to the pot. They ate mostly vegetables and did not get much meat. They would eat the stew for dinner, leaving leftovers in the pot to get cold overnight and then start over the next day. Sometimes stew had food in it that had been there for quite a while. Hence the rhyme: Peas porridge hot, peas porridge cold, peas porridge in the pot nine days old.   :2barf:

Sometimes they could obtain pork, which made them feel quite special. When visitors came over, they would hang up their bacon to show off. It was a sign of wealth that a man could, "bring home the bacon." They would cut off a little to share with guests and would all sit around and "chew the fat."
 :king:
 Those with money had plates made of pewter. Food with high acid content caused some of the lead to leach onto the food, causing lead poisoning death. This happened most often with tomatoes, so for the next 400 years or so, tomatoes were considered poisonous.

Bread was divided according to status. Workers got the burnt bottom of the loaf, the family got the middle, and guests got the top, or the "upper crust." :0006:

Lead cups were used to drink ale or whisky. The combination would Sometimes knock the imbibers out for a couple of days. Someone walking along the road would take them for dead and prepare them for burial. They were laid out on the kitchen table for a couple of days and the family would gather around and eat and drink and wait and see if they would wake up. Hence the custom of holding a "wake." :0001:

England is old and small and the local folks started running out of places to bury people. So they would dig up coffins and would take the bones to a bone-house, and reuse the grave. When reopening these coffins, 1 out of 25 coffins were found to have scratch marks on the inside and they realized they had been burying people alive. So they would tie a string on the wrist of the corpse, lead it through the coffin and up through the ground and tie it to a bell. Someone would have to sit out in the graveyard all night ("the graveyard shift") to listen for the bell; thus, someone could be, "saved by the bell" or was considered "a dead ringer." :whistle:

And that's the truth....Now, whoever said History was boring?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2017, 02:43:29 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ShadowAce

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2017, 03:06:30 pm »

Offline ShadowAce

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2017, 03:26:53 pm »
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 03:30:32 pm by ShadowAce »

Offline CSM

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2017, 03:49:37 pm »

OK, that one literally had me LOL'ing!

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2017, 04:22:29 pm »
There is a reason why all things are as they are...A little history lesson. Enjoy.  :seeya:

And that's the truth....Now, whoever said History was boring?
Funny, but those have been mostly debunked; just in case anyone is wondering.

The eastern lady who was all ready to take a horseback ride said to the cowboy, "Can you get me a nice gentle pony?"

"Shore," said the cowboy. "What kind of a saddle do you want, English or western?" "What's the difference?" asked the lady. "The western saddle has a horn on it," said the cowboy.

"If the traffic is so thick here in the mountains that I need a horn on my saddle, I don't believe I want to ride."
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 04:23:19 pm by Idaho_Cowboy »
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2017, 04:29:30 pm »
A police officer saw a man dressed as a cowboy in the street, complete with huge stetson hat, spurs, and six shooters. "Excuse me, sir," said the police officer, "who are you?"

"My name's Tex, officer," said the cowboy.

" eh?" said the police officer, "Are you from Texas?"

"Nope, Louisiana."

"Louisiana? So why are you called Tex?"

"Don't want to be called Louise, do I .
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2017, 05:28:15 pm »
Finally!  It's the end of an error...

:ODIO:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2017, 05:48:52 pm »
Some good ones today.  :laugh:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2017, 06:22:49 pm »
Of course we can't forget this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vXR5gjRMPk

Everybody dance!
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2017, 12:05:46 am »
To His Former Excellency Al-Hashish Field Marshmallow Dr. Barack Obama Dada, COD, RIP, LSMFT, Would-Have-
Been Life President of the Republic Formerly Known as the United States, I bid . . .

Ray Charles, "Hit the Road, Jack"

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.