Author Topic: Rand Paul and Mike Lee advise Trump not to follow Obama’s example on foreign policy  (Read 468 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Rand Paul and Mike Lee advise Trump not to follow Obama’s example on foreign policy

By: Brandon Morse | The Blaze

Neither Republican Senators Rand Paul of Kentucky, or Mike Lee of Utah have been fans of President Barack Obama’s handling of foreign policy during his eight years in office. Obama has often had a habit of sidestepping congress and issuing executive orders to take military actions overseas.

So both senators decided to get proactive, and advise President-elect Donald Trump ahead of time via a letter to follow the prescribed methods of taking military action as outlined by the Constitution of the United States.

Continued: http://planetfreewill.com/2017/01/19/rand-paul-mike-lee-advise-trump-not-follow-obamas-example-foreign-policy/

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
When Bill Clinton left office great efforts were made to erase his scandal ridden legacy.  Move On dot Org is a prime example.  Yet without a compliant media doing the down field blocking no amount of George Soros cash could rewrite history on its own.

Coupled with the full court press placed on new president Bush The Younger the efforts to erase were largely successful.

It's a good lesson to keep in mind today.  While we all want our new president to follow the Constitution I'd make damned sure no one ever forgets the Obama legacy.  The press is already rewriting his history too.  Trump could easily tie in the fact that Obama left him many messes to clean up when rolling out any new policy.

"We've got a real mess in Ukraine, another Obama Cash For Clunkers mess to clean up."

"Iran has benefited greatly from Obama's Cash For Clunkers policy toward terrorists and it will require a herculean effort on our part to repair the damage."

You get the idea.