Author Topic: Senate Dems will only allow two Trump nominees to be confirmed on Day One  (Read 562 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Senate Dems will only allow two Trump nominees to be confirmed on Day One

‘We intend to have a full and rigorous debate on the president-elect’s remaining nominees,’ Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer.

By Seung Min Kim

01/19/17 12:24 PM EST

Updated 01/19/17 02:29 PM EST

Less than 24 hours before Donald Trump is formally sworn in as the 45th president, the Senate plunged into a partisan war over who'll get confirmed for his Cabinet on the first day of his presidency.

Senate Democrats are prepared to allow two of Donald Trump’s Cabinet nominees to be confirmed on the first day of his presidency — but for them, that’s where the senatorial comity ends.

At the same time, Republicans are broadening their wish list of Day One nominees to other Cabinet hopefuls, including Ben Carson to lead the Department of Housing and Urban Development and Nikki Haley to be the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations. The battle over who will get confirmed on Friday may not be defused, aides say, until senators begin processing the nominees later Friday afternoon.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/trump-nominee-confirmations-day-one-233846
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Duh?

Defense and State, of course. Get the two biggies up and running - in case the Dims have forgotten, there's a damned war on.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline bilo

It would be nice to know how the Rats are holding up these confirmations. I have yet to see an article detailing their tactics.

I know it's not likely, but I would love to see McConnell end the filibuster for everything. I know it doesn't apply to confirmations, but if the Rats are going to do this to the confirmations it's a signal they will do it to everything.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It would be nice to know how the Rats are holding up these confirmations. I have yet to see an article detailing their tactics.

I know it's not likely, but I would love to see McConnell end the filibuster for everything. I know it doesn't apply to confirmations, but if the Rats are going to do this to the confirmations it's a signal they will do it to everything.

Mitch is accommodating them would be my guess.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

I've got a 5 spot says the MSM will not spin this as 'bad old congressional gridlock'.

Any takers?

Offline Night Hides Not

The Donald don't need no steenkin' cabinet. He knows more than everyone!

If the Democrats think that's going to slow down 45, they haven't been paying attention.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I've got a 5 spot says the MSM will not spin this as 'bad old congressional gridlock'.

Any takers?

Wouldn't touch that with someone else's money!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

Any takers?

I'm broke, I owe the kitty $20 because obummer left hellary out to dry.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.