Author Topic: The End of the World (As We Know It)  (Read 679 times)

Online corbe

The End of the World (As We Know It)
« on: January 19, 2017, 07:42:43 pm »
The End of the World (As We Know It)

By Steve Berman  |  January 19, 2017, 03:00am  |  @stevengberman

The left is proclaiming the end of the world as we know it, but they’re fine raising money after the end of the world.

Looking at the headlines on the Washington Post’s website, you’d think the world was ending. Tom Price, Scott Pruitt, Nikki Haley, Wilbur Ross, and Becky DeVos, whom they won’t even name in the headline, dot the left column. All of them are “scare” headlines. The rest of the website is devoted to hagiographies of Barack Obama.

And a man “apparently set himself on fire” outside the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C. He put himself out. His incendiary act mirrors the liberal establishment’s feelings a day from T-Day.

The New York Times headlines scream words like “lashes out” and “rocky” to describe incoming President-elect Donald Trump, and “vows,” “values,” and “power” describing outgoing President Obama. California is described as “bold,” being in the “vanguard of the resistance.”

The resistance?

We’ve been there and done that. On May 4, our own Josh Hammer wrote this.

No way in hell will we go silently into that good night and let America’s recurrent national political choice be merely amongst a terrifyingly Statist, illiberal, pseudo-communist party of the Left, and a cartoonish, white nationalist, quasi-fascistic, European-style party of the Right.

We will not let Trumpism take over conservatism as the ideological standard-bearer for the American Right. We will fight it in every possible way, and at every possible turn. Whether you are officially #NeverTrump or not, we are the Resistance. Websites such as this one, such as RedState, such as Conservative Review, and, indeed, such as William F. Buckley, Jr.’s heirs at National Review itself—we must all band together in opposition to the “alt-right” sycophants. Nothing less than the future of the nation is ultimately at stake.

Contained in this is everything the left is claiming about Trump. But #NeverTrump is dead because Trump won the nomination, and now the election. Conservatism hasn’t died yet, and now many of the same people we who opposed Trump in the primaries urged to join our resistance are now about to serve in his administration.

<..snip..>

http://theresurgent.com/the-end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline dfwgator

Re: The End of the World (As We Know It)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 07:45:01 pm »
And I feel fine.

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 08:01:24 pm »
And I feel fine.
Leonard Bernstein
Leonid Brezhnev, Lenny Bruce and Lester Bangs
Birthday party, cheesecake, jellybean, boom!

Whos say's they don't write songs like the used to! :whistle:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 08:02:14 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 08:06:25 pm »
I was pretty much assured that it would be the end of the world if Clinton was elected.  :shrug:

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 02:56:11 pm »
And I was just getting used to being called a racist for criticizing the president.

Now I have to get ready for the end of the world.  I wonder if that powdered water stuff works?