Poll

What would your gig set list be at the Sold Out Stadium Show?

Author Topic: If you had the chance to attend the Trump Inaugural Ball or, play to a sold out Stadium Show  (Read 3092 times)

Wingnut

If you had the chance to attend the Trump Inaugural Ball or, play to a sold out Stadium Show

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rock and Roll of course
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
No metal option?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Wingnut

No metal option?

@EC

Just for you EC... not one, but three metal options.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
You knew which one I were going to pick.  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online libertybele

Long live 'Rock 'n Roll"!

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Wingnut

You knew which one I were going to pick.  :tongue2:

LOL!

:smokin:

Offline GrouchoTex

Gotta ask, what is Tractor Rap Faux Country?
I'm guessing it ain't Western Swing or Honky Tonk, which I'd be for, but I picked da Blooz from your list.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Blues/bluesy RnR/rocking blues.

Wingnut

Gotta ask, what is Tractor Rap Faux Country?
I'm guessing it ain't Western Swing or Honky Tonk, which I'd be for, but I picked da Blooz from your list.

It is any of that Crap rap type noise they call country today.

Take Jason Aldean.  Please take him and shoot him.  Waylon Jennings would roll over in his grave within 30 seconds of hearing Jason Aldean’s last album. Read this review of one of his concerts at the end of my post*
Florida Georgia Line.  They are destroying country music along with all the other little millennial shit bands out with with their auto tune music and rapping and bullshit rhyming along with piss poor lyrics.
Chase Rice. WTF? The fact your top song on iTunes is "Ride" -- originally by SOMO, a contemporary R&B artist -- should be the first testimony as to why your country music isn't "country."

I could go on but. ... I wont. I don’t know when the downward spiral started, but I have a feeling Billy Ray’s “Achy Breaky Heart” might have given it a kick start.

If you are looking for some pure, homegrown country music, then Texas Country is the new route. Randy Rogers Band, Josh Abbott Band, Casey Donahew Band, and Aaron Watson are all popular Texas Country artists that never stray away from the pure sound of country music.

Finally it was time for the headliner, Jason Aldean, whose show was a lot like watching a two hour beer commercial, and I don’t think his fans are unaware of that. You don’t listen to and enjoy Aldean’s music, you take it. It’s a mindless dopamine rush as precise in it’s effects as methamphetamine, and the not-so-subliminal marketing strategy deployed on the audience is as sophisticated as that of a presidential campaign. He struts around the stage with his prop guitar like a rockstar android wiggling his ass in a manner so contrived it makes Madonna look like Miles Davis in comparison. Aldean uses the “Margaritaville” market approach, tailored for the Buckwild generation. His empire is sponsored by Under Armour and Southern Comfort and there’s talk of a new redneck themed restaurant venture called Fly Over Steaks, where patrons are served and sweared at by waiters dressed as the cast of the television show Duck Dynasty (fingers crossed for an Inner Harbor location).

Aldean’s band looks like action figures from Spencers, and play like the American Idol house band. There were occasional flourishes of pedal-steel guitar, along with non-stop ear-splitting bass, a horrifyingly awful attempt at rapping, and brash guitar solos in every song. During “Dirt Road Anthem,” the adults in the crowd air scratched while half-staggering like they’d just had a stroke (imagine your grandma as an extra in the “Nothin’ But A G Thang” video). Aldean also rekindled his ongoing beef with Justin Bieber, this time taking shots at Biebs over who is more influential with hair styles. It was a chilling moment, and it was clear that this crowd did not like Justin Bieber one bit.

But the highlight of the night was Aldean singing a duet with a hologram of Kelly Clarkson. I didn’t know she was a hologram at the time, but I’m now wondering if Aldean was even there, and hoping he wasn’t.

http://www.savingcountrymusic.com/scathing-jason-aldean-concert-review-censored/

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
I could go on but. ... I wont. I don’t know when the downward spiral started, but I have a feeling Billy Ray’s “Achy Breaky Heart” might have given it a kick start.

Oh Lawd that song sucked and they played the stuffing out of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36mPbhpsas8
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour