Author Topic: The Inauguration Boycott is Stupid  (Read 262 times)

rangerrebew

The Inauguration Boycott is Stupid
« on: January 19, 2017, 02:46:50 pm »
January 19, 2017
The Inauguration Boycott is Stupid
By Raoul Lowery Contreras

The minutes are ticking down to Friday noon, the 20th of January when Donald John Trump will be sworn in as President of the United States.

Back on the 20th of January 1961, I was the 20-year-old president of the San Diego State Young Republicans and was the guest of the Del Cerro Republican Women’s’ Club. They had invited me to share my comments with them about the inauguration of John Fitzgerald Kennedy as president.

I was not a fan of Kennedy. I had knocked on doors, mailed brochures on behalf of Richard Nixon and debated Kennedy fans at the college. I was a Nixon man. Actually, I was an Eisenhower man. I was a California Young Republican and my party had run California for all but four years since 1900. Until Democrats carried the governorship and one U.S. Senate seat two years before the Nixon/Kennedy race they had never won a Senate seat at the polls and had only won one four-year term in the governor’s mansion (1938-1942).

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/01/the_inauguration_boycott_is_stupid.html#ixzz4WDdhGuBa
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook