Author Topic: Julian Assange will NOT go to the US despite the decision to free Chelsea Manning as the terms of her release are 'well short' of what he wanted, his lawyer says  (Read 383 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Julian Assange will NOT go to the US despite the decision to free Chelsea Manning as the terms of her release are 'well short' of what he wanted, his lawyer says

The outgoing US president allowed Manning to go free nearly 30 years early
    Julian Assange has been living at the Ecuadorian embassy in London since 2012
    He believes he faces extradition to the US for questioning over WikiLeaks
    Currently the only public extradition ruling against him comes from Sweden

By Sarah Dean For Mailonline

Published: 01:29 EST, 18 January 2017 | Updated: 16:13 EST, 18 January 2017

Julian Assange will not leave the Ecuadorian embassy in London to face extradition to the US following Barack Obama's decision to free Chelsea Manning, his attorney has confirmed.

After the outgoing president announced his decision to release former soldier Manning nearly 30 years early it was believed Assange would agree to face extradition.

However,  Barry Pollack, Assange's US-based attorney, has now told The Hill: 'Mr Assange welcomes the announcement that Ms Manning's sentence will be reduced and she will be released in May, but this is well short of what he sought.

'Mr. Assange had called for Chelsea Manning to receive clemency and be released immediately.'

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4130254/Assange-ready-face-extradition-following-Manning-decision.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I'm sure this is the reason obama commuted Manning's sentence. obama must be ticked he has been played for the fool.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I will not call Bradley "Chelsea" or use the female pronoun when referring to him. I live in reality and do not cater to mental illness. Obama relished doing so when he held his presser today. :3:
Principles matter. Words matter.