Author Topic: Obama uses his final press conference to issue extraordinary warning to Trump  (Read 1966 times)

Offline bolobaby

Full Title: Obama uses his final press conference to issue extraordinary warning to Trump that he will step in if he 'rounds up' children for deportation, hits voting rights or 'silences dissent'

President Obama issued a farewell warning to President-elect Donald Trump, saying he would jump off the political sidelines if Trump goes against certain 'core values.'

At his last scheduled news conference before leaving office on Friday, Obama said if there was 'systemic discrimination,' efforts to 'silence dissent' or to 'roll back voting rights,' he would be 'speaking out.'

It was among his most activist descriptions of his next act, and indicates Obama may be rethinking his post-presidency role and heeding the urgings of some activists to play a stronger function in the leaderless Democratic Party as it navigates the Trump administration.

That group of issues, Obama explained, were 'core values that may be at stake' and would prompt him to get off the sidelines.

More...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4133722/Obama-respond-Trump-threatens-Dreamers-rights.html
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline bolobaby

Holy crap! This guy has no shame.

Also, he seems to forget that Democrats like to round up kids at gunpoint for deportation:

How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Holy crap! This guy has no shame.

NONE! Doesn't even know what the word means!

Also, he seems to forget that Democrats like to round up kids at gunpoint for deportation:

That to!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Trump:  "MAKE MY DAY!"
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
In other words, inciting rebellion...FU 0bama.  :chairbang:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Dude.... Just go away.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online dfwgator

Mod Note:  Meme with expletive deleted.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 10:42:07 pm by MOD3 »

Offline kidd

In six months, Obama will have every element of his "legacy" reversed,
 except for the released Gitmo prisoners, a trillion dollars lost to "shovel ready" boondoggles and several dead people (border agents, Libyan embassy personnel, etc.).

He had no accomplishments going into his presidency; he'll have no accomplishments coming out of his presidency.

Liberals will only remember him for the only quality that got him elected: his skin color.
And skin color, alone, will not command the level of respect that he believes he will be able to throw around.
Already, John Lewis is emerging as the most powerful black liberal...not BH Obama.

Obama really is full of himself.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Bookmark.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Typical moslem bullshit.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Suppressed

He had no accomplishments going into his presidency; he'll have no accomplishments coming out of his presidency.

Liberals will only remember him for the only quality that got him elected: his skin color.

You have forgotten how they revere Obamacare.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online DCPatriot

You have forgotten how they revere Obamacare.

IMO, by 2018, they'll have forgotten they revered it.

...unless you're talking about the ones who get it totally free.   Those, hopefully, will be added to the Medicaid roster.

...and it shouldn't be a lifetime bennie.   It should be like welfare.  At least for those that  are deemed employable.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
In other words, inciting rebellion...FU 0bama.  :chairbang:

He may yet prove to be more dangerous to us all out of office than in it.

Community Agitation on a national scale to those who are already declaring Trump to be an 'illegitimate President'.

Between the two of these egomaniacs now in command of large mobs of the people - the Balkanization of the country is most likely permanent and could go hot at just the right prompting by either one of them.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online DCPatriot

He may yet prove to be more dangerous to us all out of office than in it.

Community Agitation on a national scale to those who are already declaring Trump to be an 'illegitimate President'.

Between the two of these egomaniacs now in command of large mobs of the people - the Balkanization of the country is most likely permanent and could go hot at just the right prompting by either one of them.

No way a POTUS Trump would let him get away with it.

Obama will rue the day he tries to ###k with him.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
No way a POTUS Trump would let him get away with it.

Obama will rue the day he tries to ###k with him.

I don't think Obama is worried.

H knows he has numbers, emotion and stupidity ruling more than half the population that adores him.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline kidd

"You don't like a particular policy or a particular president? Then argue for your position. Go out there and win an election. Push to change it. But don't break it. Don't break what our predecessors spent over two centuries building. That's not being faithful to what this country's about." - Barack Obama, 10/17/2013

http://therightscoop.com/obama-tells-gop-what-to-do-if-they-dont-like-his-policies/

Message heard loud and clear Mr. President.
Now live by your own words.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I don't think Obama is worried.

H knows he has numbers, emotion and stupidity ruling more than half the population that adores him.

You are right!  Apparently, most of the world believes that a young Army PFC with the ink not yet fully dry on his security clearance just walked into an ultra-secure facility one day and downloaded a ton of top secret material to a thumb drive, walked out with that in his pocket, and handed it over to Wikileaks. 
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 03:50:42 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Apparently Obama thinks Trump should clear everything with him first. Otherwise, he may have to "step in!". I would to see him try to 'step in' on Trump. That would be priceless. LoL

Obama is a racist fool. He has no power to 'threaten' anybody. Go to hell Obama!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 03:48:09 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.