Author Topic: The infamous exploding whale of 1970  (Read 1250 times)

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Wingnut

Re: The infamous exploding whale of 1970
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 07:25:22 pm »
What could go wrong?

Classic.   

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 07:37:25 pm »
And now you know why Steven Spielberg decided to blow up the shark at the end of Jaws!

Still wiping away tears from laughing.

They just don't do news like that anymore.

Then again, we've pussified ourselves into demanding to be safe to the point that dynamiting a problem will never happen again.

Especially not on television.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 07:48:08 pm »
You'd be surprised how often this type of disposal is employed.  But, it is usually preceded with me saying, "Here, hold my beer"
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 07:48:38 pm by Wingnut »

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 12:14:26 am »
You'd be surprised how often this type of disposal is employed.  But, it is usually preceded with me saying, "Here, hold my beer"

Generally, with a fa-copp this big (manner of speaking) the perp has an excuse.  Too much beer and not enough thought.

This was done COLD SOBER, and with at LEAST...HOURS to consider it.

This wasn't the Stone Ages.  Demolitions experts were using timed charges to magnificently, professionally, drop condemned buildings neatly.  This, has all the indication of Short Bus kids given keys to the Equipment Shed.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 12:29:52 am »
Wish there was still video of the local news report from when the tractor trailer driver flipped out and blew through 3 sets of barricades over a 2 mile stretch and jumped the river because the bridge was out.

I didn't see it happen but was fishing from shore about a quarter mile away and heard it. I walked around the corner and the fist thing I saw was a big ole diesel engine laying in the road smoldering.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 12:31:21 am by Cripplecreek »