Author Topic: George H.W. Bush and Barbara Bush hospitalized  (Read 1808 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
George H.W. Bush and Barbara Bush hospitalized
« on: January 18, 2017, 06:46:48 pm »
HOUSTON — Former president George H.W. Bush has been hospitalized in Houston since the weekend, a Bush family spokesman said on Twitter on Wednesday.

The former president, 92, was admitted to Houston Methodist Hospital in the Texas Medical Center on Saturday for shortness of breath, said Jim McGrath.

According to an updated statement from the 41st president's office that McGrath posted on Twitter on Wednesday afternoon, Bush was admitted to the intensive care unit at the hospital "to address an acute respiratory problem stemming from pneumonia."

The statement also said that Barbara Bush, 91, was admitted to the same hospital Wednesday morning "as a precaution after experiencing fatigue and coughing."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/01/18/president-george-herbert-walker-bush-hospitalized/96707902/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline GrouchoTex

Re: George H.W. Bush and Barbara Bush hospitalized
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 07:00:33 pm »
There must be something weird going around the greater Houston area.

On Friday December 30th, I got what I thought was a cold.
By Monday January 2nd, I had to go to the doctor for breathing issues and my SpO2 level dropped be;ow 90%, that fast.
( I monitor this because I have COPD).
I was off work the 1st week in January because of it.
I took antibiotics and My O2 level got back to 97% by the weekend of 1/7-1/8 so I came back to work.
By Friday the 13th, it dropped back down to 93/94% and I had to go back to the Dr. yesterday.
They took x-rays and prescribed Spiriva.
I am running about 95 to 97% now, but I still feel a bit worn out.

The thing that sucks for me is, our business took off on January 1(which is good), and now I am way behind (which is bad).
We are a start-up unit, so if I don't do the work, it doesn't get done.
In a catch-22 situation. The parent company won't let us hire help unless we get the numbers up, but now we face more work than we can produce, and we may lose customers, if we can't pull it off. I guess it is not the worst problem to have.

Anyway, enough about me, it just seems that there is a particularly ugly strain of a bug causing Pneumonia that's going around the area.
The elderly and people with COPD are going to feel it for sure, if they get it.
I was surprised at how quick it hit, and it seems to be lingering.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 07:01:00 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 07:31:21 pm »
There must be something weird going around the greater Houston area.

Third World invasion.

They're bringing diseases we've eradicated several generations back; and many of us have lost any residual immunity to.  If we even had any.

This is why city walls were important; quarantines were essential; and why it is STILL...VITALLY important to control the entry of outsiders into our nation.

If there's a god, this Kenyan traitor will catch one of these bugs and will choke on his own bloody froth.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 07:34:10 pm »
Third World invasion.

They're bringing diseases we've eradicated several generations back; and many of us have lost any residual immunity to.  If we even had any.

This is why city walls were important; quarantines were essential; and why it is STILL...VITALLY important to control the entry of outsiders into our nation.

If there's a god, this Kenyan traitor will catch one of these bugs and will choke on his own bloody froth.

888high58888
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 08:13:32 pm »
Third World invasion.

This is as good of an answer as any I can come up with.

I do run the risk of getting either pneumonia or bronchitis regularly, for about the past 20 years.
Sometimes it's every other year, but it has been as frequent as twice a year.
This particular time, I was surprised at how swiftly it took place and the longevity.

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 08:14:04 pm »
HOUSTON — Former president George H.W. Bush has been hospitalized in Houston since the weekend, a Bush family spokesman said on Twitter on Wednesday.

The former president, 92, was admitted to Houston Methodist Hospital in the Texas Medical Center on Saturday for shortness of breath, said Jim McGrath.

According to an updated statement from the 41st president's office that McGrath posted on Twitter on Wednesday afternoon, Bush was admitted to the intensive care unit at the hospital "to address an acute respiratory problem stemming from pneumonia."

The statement also said that Barbara Bush, 91, was admitted to the same hospital Wednesday morning "as a precaution after experiencing fatigue and coughing."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/01/18/president-george-herbert-walker-bush-hospitalized/96707902/
Saw a thread about this on TOS. I can't believe the garbage that is left to post there. I could never go back and associate with them.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 08:18:40 pm »
Saw a thread about this on TOS. I can't believe the garbage that is left to post there. I could never go back and associate with them.

I assume they are grave dancing already?

Or are they pissed he might die this week and take focus off the upcoming coronation.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 08:22:50 pm »

For the life of me I can't figure out why anyone would even bother to visit that place these days!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline cammie

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 08:34:31 pm »

I saw it too. They were being disgraceful.  Prayers for GHW and Barbara.

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 08:54:44 pm »
I assume they are grave dancing already?

Or are they pissed he might die this week and take focus off the upcoming coronation.
Both.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2017, 08:55:39 pm »
I invited someone from over there to come here, the place has gone downhill. I mean really.  Good posters get drowned out by all of the negative ones.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 08:56:35 pm by TomSea »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2017, 09:04:52 pm »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2017, 09:05:49 pm »
Third World invasion.

Interestingly, I was just this morning watching a thing about why Europeans didn't get wiped out by Indian diseases, but while the natives of the Americas were devastated by European diseases.  It seems that the only major thing Europeans picked up from the Americas was syphilis.

It was because Europeans didn't tend to be so isolationist.

So do we really want to make ourselves even more vulnerable by holing up in walled cities?  Or do we want to get exposure and build up resistance? 

I'm not arguing for illegal immigration and giving all kinds of benefits to moochers.  But I'm arguing that some exposure is a good thing.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2017, 10:16:45 pm »

Real sick sob's..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2017, 06:26:36 pm »
Morning press release mentioned evaluation for extubation. I had not realized he was on a vent. Hope he makes a full recovery.

Silver Pines

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2017, 01:13:48 am »

@starstruck

I had to go look.  They're on the anti-CIA kick now, so that's why he's worthless. 

TOS is so sluggish and slow to load now.  Guess Jim needs a new RV new servers (again).