Author Topic: EPA nominee Scott Pruitt says agency that Trump called a 'disgrace' is vital  (Read 1103 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
WASHINGTON — President-elect Donald Trump's nominee to head the Environmental Protection Agency said Wednesday he does not agree with Trump that climate change is a hoax, but he stopped short of saying that human activity is the main culprit or that the U.S. must reduce its use of fossil fuels to solve the problem.

Scott Pruitt, who has sued the EPA a total of 14 times as Oklahoma attorney general, said he believes that climate change is real, despite comments from Trump over the years — including during his presidential campaign — that climate change was a hoax perpetuated by the Chinese to reduce the competitiveness of U.S. manufacturers.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/01/18/epa-nominee-scott-pruitt-confirmation-hearing/96679106/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Vital to what exactly?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Vital to what exactly?

Well considering the EPA routinely hands out grants to organizations that turn around and sue them...I'd say it's vital to the Audubon Society...the Tides Foundation...WWF...et al
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Well considering the EPA routinely hands out grants to organizations that turn around and sue them...I'd say it's vital to the Audubon Society...the Tides Foundation...WWF...et al

Yep!  Just another mechanism for funneling public money into private, and mostly democrat, pockets!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
"Vital" to the destruction of free enterprise, property rights and economic growth.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
"Vital" to the destruction of free enterprise, property rights and economic growth.

Exactly!   :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mirraflake

Vital to what exactly?

If you grew up in a area of strip mine high walls-coal companies di not reclaim  the land, creeks that were orange from mine run noff and steel mills with so much pollution it literally tore off your new house paint in 2-3 years you would know why the EPA was important and still important.

Yes the EPA is now over blouted, too many regulations but it is still very much needed.

@Bigun
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 07:49:35 pm by mirraflake »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
If you grew up in a area of strip mine high walls-coal companies di not reclaim  the land, creeks that were orange from mine run noff and steel mills with so much pollution it literally tore off your new house paint in 2-3 years you would know why the EPA was important and still important.

Yes the EPA is now over blouted, too many regulations but it is still very much needed.
@Bigun

That is your opinion and one I STRONGLY disagree with!  The states can handle these matters FAR more effectively than the Fed gov can!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mirraflake

That is your opinion and one I STRONGLY disagree with!  The states can handle these matters FAR more effectively than the Fed gov can!

100% false. I grew up in those areas. The states were worthless. It took federal laws to make the coal companies clean up their act. The states were in the back pockets of the coal and steel companiesi.e. paid off.
@Bigun

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
100% false. I grew up in those areas. The states were worthless. It took federal laws to make the coal companies clean up their act. The states were in the back pockets of the coal and steel companiesi.e. paid off.
@Bigun

Who allowed that to happen?  Why do you think they would do so today? I don't assume ANY of that! Why do you?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online kevindavis007

@Bigun

Call me crazy, I happen to be fan of 'Conservation'
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Call me crazy, I happen to be fan of 'Conservation'

As am I. But one can be for conservation and not have it involve the Feds.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Trump's people and regime can go full-bore Marxist and increase everything from EPA tyranny to making federal funding of abortions mandatory and the Trump Faithful will still lecture us about how much that kind of tyrannical Statism is needed.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775