Author Topic: French parliament votes to install cameras in slaughterhouses  (Read 266 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
French parliament votes to install cameras in slaughterhouses
« on: January 18, 2017, 03:46:55 pm »
French parliament votes to install cameras in slaughterhouses

The proposed legislation, which was approved by 28 members on Jan. 12, would give the country’s nearly 1,000 slaughterhouses until Jan. 1, 2018 to install CCTV cameras everywhere live animals are handled, including monitoring the transport process and while they're being held in stables, reports Politico.

According to the bill, the footage from each slaughterhouse would only be viewable to veterinarians, approved government officials or animal-welfare inspectors and would be kept on government file for a month. The bill also proposes the creations of a national Committee on the Ethics of Slaughterhouses, which would oversee and mete out harsher penalties to facilities caught violating the law.

The move comes amid heightened scrutiny of the country’s meat industry. In 2016, animal rights activist group L214 released troubling footage showing numerous animal abuses at several French meat-processing facilities inclduing workers killing animals without stunning them first, throwing lambs into walls, and hitting live animals.

Continued: http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2017/01/18/french-parliament-votes-to-install-cameras-in-slaughterhouses.html

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: French parliament votes to install cameras in slaughterhouses
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 01:04:32 am »
Oh. I thought they meant city streets.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley