Author Topic: Fox News superstar to be on Trump's Supreme Court? Conservatives' favorite legal eagle emerges from meeting with president-elect  (Read 1498 times)

rangerrebew

Fox News superstar to be on Trump's Supreme Court?
Conservatives' favorite legal eagle emerges from meeting with president-elect
Published: 14 hours ago

Judge Andrew Napolitano was spotted for a second time at Trump Tower Tuesday morning, leading to speculation that President-elect Donald Trump may be considering the judge for a position on the U.S. Supreme Court.

Napolitano, a former New Jersey Superior Court judge and Fox News senior judicial analyst, is a favorite commentator in conservative and libertarian circles. After he emerged from an elevator at Trump Tower Tuesday, several blogs, including one published by former Rep. Allen West, began speculating about Napolitano’s meeting with Trump.

“Trump might be seeking advice from the libertarian analyst — and maybe, just maybe he might be considering the Fox analyst for a Supreme Court position,” wrote PJ Media’s Tyler O’Neil. “While Napolitano is not one of the 21 names on Trump’s SCOTUS list, anything is possible.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2017/01/fox-news-superstar-to-be-on-trumps-supreme-court/#OFBk1TKaFcWZrJKT.99

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
In other words:

"We don't know shit, but there's clicks to be had."
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline endicom

Many are called but few are chosen. Trump speaks with or interviews a lot of people.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
If true, could be very good.  Nap is an unyielding Constitutional conservative.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Napolitano will be the pick.

I'm 99% sure of it. In fact, I think he already knows.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Am getting to love conservative judges of Italian heritage.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I for one don't get what purpose all of this speculation serves!  Why not just wait and see how things actually shake out?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
How will Trump get over the filibuster? It's still in place for USSC nominees.

Offline mountaineer

In other words:

"We don't know shit, but there's clicks to be had."
Exactly.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Frank Cannon

I loved  Napolitano when he was on that show in the 60's....

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Personally, I hope the pick will be Napolitano.

But as with anything else involving office holders, I'll believe it if and when I see it.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Personally, I hope the pick will be Napolitano.

But as with anything else involving office holders, I'll believe it if and when I see it.

888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I would approve of this choice. He is an originalist with strong Libertarian leanings so he won't be an activist on issues either way.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
It would be a terrible pick -- he's 66.

Offline EasyAce

It would be a terrible pick -- he's 66.

By that standard electing Donaldus Minimus was a more terrible choice---he's 70.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 08:44:34 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

By that standard electing Donaldus Minimus was a more terrible choice---he's 70.
Not even close.

Trump has no lifetime appointment. 
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I wouldn't necessarily refer to him as a FOX NEWS Superstar...since he was 'recently' suspended for politically incorrect remarks.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EasyAce

Not even close.

Trump has no lifetime appointment.

No, of course he doesn't, but when you see someone throwing down the age card it makes you wonder.
If the man still has his marble (singular; that's a joke, son), and in Napolitano's case a fine mind and
a powerful Constitutional command, why should someone care how old he is? Assuming he has maybe
another twenty years of life he could still perform a shipload of good on the high court. (Speaking for
myself I thought Napolitano was Supreme Court material long before he became an actual Supreme
Court topic.)

No, of course he doesn't, but when you see someone throwing down the age card it makes you wonder.
If the man still has his marble (singular; that's a joke, son), and in Napolitano's case a fine mind and
a powerful Constitutional command, why should someone care how old he is? Assuming he has maybe
another twenty years of life he could still perform a shipload of good on the high court. (Speaking for
myself I thought Napolitano was Supreme Court material long before he became an actual Supreme
Court topic.)
2 words

Ronald Reagan

Offline EasyAce

2 words

Ronald Reagan

I was hoping not to have to deploy those two words! ;) I still remember some of the kvetching about
Mr. Reagan from the usual suspects was indeed over his age. And, his wisecrack in one of the 1984 debates
where he promised not to make an issue of Walter Mondale's youth and inexperience---Mr. Mondale was 56,
I think, when he ran in 1984---which disposed of the age issue rather quickly for the rest of that campaign.