Author Topic: Inside Lady Gaga’s dangerous Super Bowl halftime plans  (Read 5882 times)

Offline r9etb

Re: Inside Lady Gaga’s dangerous Super Bowl halftime plans
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2017, 04:57:26 pm »
Not a fan of Gaga's type of music, and I'll never understand having all those damn dancers out there.

That being said, I thought she was very good.  She led off with God Bless America, never got political, and her only "shout out" was to her mom and dad.  She's got a good voice, and isn't over the hill like a lot of the acts that have been dredged up to play the Super Bowl.

This was the first show I've actually watched all the way through the whole time, though part of that was my deal with my wife -- I could leave if she got political, and she didn't.

My daughter danced for years, and I acquired a taste for it.... so I liked the dancers.  The choreography and execution were impressive, and not vulgar.

I agree with you about her performance.  She's got a really impressive voice, and especially by comparison to recent halftime shows she gave a good performance.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Inside Lady Gaga’s dangerous Super Bowl halftime plans
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2017, 11:09:03 pm »
Not a fan of Gaga's type of music, and I'll never understand having all those damn dancers out there.

It's a generational thing. It was started by black rappers and "singers" with no talent,and used to distract the audience from their lack of vocal ability. Now it's expected of everybody but Tony Bennett. BTW,GaGa did a album with Bennett,and he likes her voice. Well,I guess that's pretty obvious. At this stage in his career he has no need to suck up to anybody. He only sings with people he wants to sing with.

Truth to tell,her voice wasn't up to her usual standards last night. GaGa refuses to use auto-tune like almost everyone else,and all that dancing and jumping around takes a lot of breath away from singing. Plus,believe it or not,but I have heard she is practically a chain-smoker off-stage. Last night she was rushing from one song and one stage to another to try to get it all in,and it showed.

That being said, I thought she was very good.  She led off with God Bless America, never got political, and her only "shout out" was to her mom and dad.  She's got a good voice, and isn't over the hill like a lot of the acts that have been dredged up to play the Super Bowl.

This was the first show I've actually watched all the way through the whole time, though part of that was my deal with my wife -- I could leave if she got political, and she didn't.

The whole "meat dress" and all the other over the top crap was purely to attract attention and get her a record contract and sell concert tickets. She had been a singer and dancer in Broadway shows all her short working life,and knew how stiff the competition is for ticket and CD buyers,so she used the gimmick to get the kids talking. She started backing away from all that shortly before she recorded the album with Tony Bennett. To me,the fact that she even wanted to do an album with him shows she understands the difference between music and crap.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 11:09:38 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!