Author Topic: Inside Lady Gaga’s dangerous Super Bowl halftime plans  (Read 5880 times)

Offline TheMom

Re: Inside Lady Gaga’s dangerous Super Bowl halftime plans
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2017, 10:26:41 pm »
“They’re writing up multiple plans about how to safely get her on the roof, including potentially [cutting] a hole in the ceiling of the dome,” says a source with knowledge of the arrangements.  ...
NRG Stadium has a retractable roof, why do they need to cut a hole in the roof?   :shrug:
I'm fluent in three languages: English, Sarcasm, and Profanity.

Offline thackney

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2017, 10:30:29 pm »
NRG Stadium has a retractable roof, why do they need to cut a hole in the roof?   :shrug:

And they plan (weather accommodating) to have the roof open for the Superbowl.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2017/01/24/nfl-says-they-want-the-roof-open-at-nrg-for-super-bowl-li/
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online roamer_1

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2017, 10:44:18 pm »

That's right... just scrape her off like a bug under a windshield wiper...
It'll be FINE.

debrawiest

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2017, 07:41:06 pm »
If you feel it necessary to have all kinds of dangerous gimmicks, then I'm going to doubt your abilities as a singer.  I know Gaga has a better-than-average voice.  Why can't she just sing?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2017, 07:46:47 pm »
If you feel it necessary to have all kinds of dangerous gimmicks, then I'm going to doubt your abilities as a singer.  I know Gaga has a better-than-average voice.  Why can't she just sing?
It seems to be her schtick. Get rid of the costumes and the drama, and people actually might look at her - and find nothing but an okay voice.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2017, 07:47:53 pm »
What's the over/under on her falling?

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2017, 07:49:28 pm »
It seems to be her schtick. Get rid of the costumes and the drama, and people actually might look at her - and find nothing but an okay voice.

Go to any Broadway show and you'll hear much better voices.

• Technical
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2017, 07:52:19 pm »

I have to defend her in this respect: I'm not a fan but she's a showman (showperson). She entertains, has a persona, and the bizarre costumes and appearance is part of it. Much like any entertainer, her presentation is part of the whole show.

Not my cup of tea, but that's why her fans like her.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2017, 03:02:15 am »
Go to any Broadway show and you'll hear much better voices.
Singing a lot more terrible songs.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2017, 08:09:51 pm »
... skip the ceremony and the party and just go to the Super Bowl with your two best friends where you can hear Lady Gaga at the halftime show espouse her views on ‘inclusion’ and ‘equality’ – because who would know more about that sort of thing than Lady Gaga? Watch for her to make it her coming out party, because with the glitterati class it’s always about them. ...

Michelle Obama's Mirror

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2017, 03:12:56 pm »
Mushnick talks about all the sleazy performances at recent football games, hockey games, etc., and concludes:
History tells us to be worried about Lady Gaga’s halftime act
By Phil Mushnick
February 5, 2017 | 12:48am
New York Post

...   Sunday? Who knows? What we do know is Lady Gaga isn’t shy. And her outrageous side, as much as her considerable talent as a singer, is why she is famous and why she was engaged. So, like stubbing our toe, we’re conditioned to anticipate pain before we know if it even hurts.

Super Bowls that once featured entertainment by the reliably clean and talented have been replaced by “edgy,” let’s-risk-it talent. Up With People replaced by Down With Pants. That’s the bag we’re in.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2017, 03:15:30 pm »
The last time I watched any of the Super Bowl halftime show was in 2006, when the Rolling Stones appeared.

@andy58-in-nh

Did they suck? I can't find a single live recording of them on youtube where they don't suck. They do great stuff in the studio,and Mick is always entertaining to watch,but I wouldn't pay one dollar to see them live.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2017, 03:18:25 pm »
The halftime show is always the same each year. Black singers or white hip hop rap artist.  Never pure rock or country music.
@mirraflake

Well,you can't say that about GaGa. I know there are a lot of people here who hate her for her politics,but she is one of the most talented singers and songwriters in the business these days.

Her problem is she is basically a life-long denizen of NYC and Broadway shows. I doubt she has talked to 3 people in the last 20 years that were sane and rational. When all you know is ignorance,ignorance looks wise.

• Technical
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2017, 03:21:43 pm »
@mirraflake

Well,you can't say that about GaGa. I know there are a lot of people here who hate her for her politics,but she is one of the most talented singers and songwriters in the business these days.

I disagree that she's a talented singer or songwriter, she's a mediocre singer at best and most of her songs are standard pop fare. However her shows are something else. She's like a female david bowie. The bizarre costumes are part of the show IMO.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2017, 03:23:20 pm »
It's the only one I can remember because I kept laughing at the fact that he is a midget.

@Frank Cannon

I kept laughing at the fact that people seem to think he is a great singer because he's stylish and a good dancer. I couldn't remember a single verse he sang 2 minutes after the song,regardless of which song he was singing.

On the other hand,here is something totally devoid of backup dancers,auto-tune,fancy clothes,or anything but talent from everyone involved. Listen to it and then get back with me on how long it takes you to forget the lyrics,the song,or the performance. None of these people are ever likely to be invited to perform at the Super Bowl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt8wiGInALs

Offline musiclady

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2017, 03:27:12 pm »

She actually doesn't have a half bad voice, which she displayed when she did her Sound of Music tribute. (Julie Andrews agreed, and that's good enough for me).

I kind of thought that she did the gimmicks to become well enough known to actually sing.

Guess I was wrong.  :shrug:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

• Technical
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2017, 03:29:04 pm »
You have to give her credit, how many other pop starlets would be willing to risk their lives for a Super Bowl halftime show?

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2017, 04:13:57 pm »
@andy58-in-nh

Did they suck? I can't find a single live recording of them on youtube where they don't suck. They do great stuff in the studio,and Mick is always entertaining to watch,but I wouldn't pay one dollar to see them live.

My recollection was that they were just okay, but as with all Superbowl halftime shows, the focus is always on the spectacle, and not the music.

The Stones have historically exhibited a great deal of energy in their live shows, but one might reasonably wonder how long that can continue (after more than 50 years) without assistance from Lipitor, Nexium, Ibuprofin, and perhaps, Depends undergarments.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2017, 04:18:35 pm »
@mystery-ak
@Mod1

FYI....it creates mental nightmares when all one sees in the right column is ........"RE:  Inside Lady Gaga's d..."

:smokin:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 04:58:09 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2017, 04:25:44 pm »
What's the over-under on her exposing herself to "protest Trump?"
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2017, 04:39:01 pm »
What's the over-under on her exposing herself to "protest Trump?"
Like the game itself, it will be a close shave.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Wingnut

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2017, 04:43:47 pm »
Like the game itself, it will be a close shave.

The closer you shave the more you need Noxzema medicated comfort shave. Take it off. Take it all off, Baby!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2017, 10:32:36 pm »

The Stones have historically exhibited a great deal of energy in their live shows, but one might reasonably wonder how long that can continue (after more than 50 years) without assistance from Lipitor, Nexium, Ibuprofin, and perhaps, Depends undergarments.

@andy58-in-nh

Mick started taking care of  himself decades ago. No smoking,no excesses,healthy diet,and exercise.

Keef.....,well,Keef is Keef. Disease is AFRAID of him. He will outlive cockroaches. 

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2017, 02:37:14 pm »
Not a fan of Gaga's type of music, and I'll never understand having all those damn dancers out there.

That being said, I thought she was very good.  She led off with God Bless America, never got political, and her only "shout out" was to her mom and dad.  She's got a good voice, and isn't over the hill like a lot of the acts that have been dredged up to play the Super Bowl.

This was the first show I've actually watched all the way through the whole time, though part of that was my deal with my wife -- I could leave if she got political, and she didn't.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 02:39:20 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2017, 04:32:38 pm »
We didn't watch any of the halftime show, and very little of the entire game.

I can't help laughing every time I see "Gaga," as my husband dated her mother over 30 years ago when they both were single and at WVU. My niece calls Lady Gaga the "almost daughter" of her uncle, thus her "almost cousin."  :laugh: