Author Topic: Trump Gives One Word Answer For His Priority As Commander-in-Chief  (Read 1235 times)

rangerrebew

Daily Caller News Foundation
Trump Gives One Word Answer For His Priority As Commander-in-Chief
Photo of Saagar Enjeti
Saagar Enjeti
Reporter
4:30 PM 01/16/2017

US President-elect Donald Trump speaks during a press conference January 11, 2017 at Trump Tower in New York. Trump held his first news conference in nearly six months Wednesday, amid explosive allegations over his ties to Russia, a little more than a week before his inauguration. Timothy A. Clary/AFP/Getty Images.   US President-elect Donald Trump speaks during a press conference January 11, 2017 at Trump Tower in New York. Trump held his first news conference in nearly six months Wednesday, amid explosive allegations over his ties to Russia, a little more than a week before his inauguration. Timothy A. Clary/AFP/Getty Images. ∧

In a long-ranging, and now well-publicized, interview with U.K.-based Sunday Times, President-elect Donald Trump said the EU should shoulder more of NATO’s economic burden, dinged German immigration policy, and told reporters his singular “priority” as commander-and-chief boiled down to one word: “ISIS.”

“How are you going to deal with ISIS?” they asked.

Trump demurred, saying he didn’t want to detail his intentions to the entire world, ISIS included. Trump has indicated in the past he will pursue some sort of deal with Russia to attack the group inside Syria.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/16/trump-gives-one-word-answer-for-his-priority-as-commander-in-chief/#ixzz4W1O9Nj1P

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Trump Gives One Word Answer For His Priority As Commander-in-Chief
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 01:20:31 pm »
Trump demurred, saying he didn’t want to detail his intentions to the entire world, ISIS included. Trump has indicated in the past he will pursue some sort of deal with Russia to attack the group inside Syria.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/16/trump-gives-one-word-answer-for-his-priority-as-commander-in-chief/#ixzz4W1O9Nj1P

This is one area of foreign policy where I think Trump probably has it right.  If you really want to smash ISIS, you have to hit them in both Syria and Iraq simultaneously to prevent them from fleeing across the border.  That means cooperating with Russia.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 04:47:35 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 02:32:46 pm »
This may sound crazy, but the more I learn, the more I think ascendant traditional islam is the single biggest issue we will face in the near future. 

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 12:27:40 am »
This may sound crazy, but the more I learn, the more I think ascendant traditional islam is the single biggest issue we will face in the near future.

Doesn't sound crazy to me.

If you look at areas in both the U.S. and Europe where they've dominated particular sections things have become a lot different than they once were.  These pockets are their own little islands of self rule.  By itself, that may not necessarily be a bad thing, it just depends upon the rules they set.  And it ain't pretty.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 02:41:10 am »
Sanguine observed:
"This may sound crazy, but the more I learn, the more I think ascendant traditional islam is the single biggest issue we will face in the near future."

It's not crazy. It's reality.
But let me ask you in all honesty... It's taken you this long to come to that realization?

Was this moment not enough?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 03:38:22 am »
Sanguine observed:
"This may sound crazy, but the more I learn, the more I think ascendant traditional islam is the single biggest issue we will face in the near future."

It's not crazy. It's reality.
But let me ask you in all honesty... It's taken you this long to come to that realization?

Was this moment not enough?

I think you may have missed my point.  I meant compared to ever-growing government, the left, the national debt, etc.  It's not an issue of not having understood 911, it's an issue of where does it fall in our list of threats.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 12:29:16 pm by Sanguine »

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 07:58:06 am »
In my opinion it ranks about a 7 on a 1-10 scale, but it's been steadily moving up the charts over the past few years.

On one hand, it would rank even higher today if our own house was in order.  After decades of national structural ruin we have more internal fires to put out than you can count on both hands.  Thanks to liberal Republicans and liberal Democrats ever increasing areas of our country are starting to resemble Detroit both figuratively and literally.  But turning the entire country into Detroit has been the goal of the Architects of Ruin all along.  Were it not for these many self-inflicted fires the fabric our our society would be in better condition, thus elevating the level of more external threats.

On the other hand, the struggle of East vs West has been around since before the founding of our country.  It's just much closer to home than it was 200 plus years ago.  Considering the rise of radical Islamic factions and that age-old struggle ratchets up a few additional notches.  Then toss in the fact that our own government imports terror for the single purpose of creating chaos and things begin to ratchet up even a few notches more.  We find ourselves today with the age-old struggle of East vs West which was once far away but now has suddenly landed smack dab upon our doorstep.

What if we were forced to create some sort of national scorecard?  We could only approach the task by applying a great deal of oversimplification which carries with it the obvious inherent risks.  Yet assigning a set of pluses and minuses does go a long way towards viewing the big picture.

(-) The bar has been set so low for our education system that we've started digging in the dirt to lower it even more.

(-) Islam treats women like cattle, which liberals think is just awesome.

(-) Navigating mountains of government red tape is unaffordable to small businesses, and the rich get richer.

(-) Our government views the Ten Commandments as the enemy.

(+) Friday night football is still fun for the whole family.

(-) Majority rule has been replaced by minority rule.

(-) Obeying the law is for suckers.

(-) The definition of rape depends upon who you ask.

(+) I can still get reruns of Fred Sanford and Andy Griffith on my TV.

(-) This post is being recorded on a secret NSA computer in Utah.

I would go on but you get the picture.  Besides, it's too depressing - I'm about to jump out the window even though I'm on the ground floor.