Author Topic: John Lewis' petulant arrogance. Exclusive: Mychal Massie calls Trump's tweet rebutting congressman 'far too polite'  (Read 645 times)

rangerrebew

John Lewis' petulant arrogance
Exclusive: Mychal Massie calls Trump's tweet rebutting congressman 'far too polite'
Published: 11 hours ago

Calling Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., a “civil rights icon” is the nonsensical appellation of the mainstream media, who, it should be noted, accord Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton the same appellation.

That Lewis was beaten by police during the civil rights march from Selma to Montgomery in March 1965 does not make him a hero today. Nor do I view his experiences during the civil rights movement of the 1960s as kryptonite to be used against those like President-elect Donald Trump who rightly reminded Lewis that he should show a modicum of true leadership pursuant to the voters of Georgia.

As a sitting congressman, Lewis was inexcusably wrong, when during an interview on NBC’s “Meet the Press” he opined: “I believe in forgiveness. I believe in trying to work with people. It will be hard. It’s going to be very difficult. I don’t see this president-elect [Donald Trump] as a legitimate president. I think the Russians participated in helping this man get elected. And they helped destroy the candidacy of Hillary Clinton.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2017/01/john-lewis-petulant-arrogance/#aTQykTTPRkjlkJBL.99

rangerrebew

I heard part of his speech honoring MLK and he can qualify as a total phony.  He told how he learned hate is such a destructive emotion and the need to accept everyone.  Obviously, he didn't take MLK's lessons to heart. :shrug: