Author Topic: Massive Women's March crowds swarm DC Metro  (Read 43530 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Massive Women's March crowds swarm DC Metro
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2017, 01:26:19 am »
Stephanie Jones Key
3 hrs ·

It just occurred to me that Trump has gotten more fat women walking in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years. - from a comment found on FB... I think it wins the internet for the day.

I must admit I've had a troublesome mind's image today, every time I saw the headline of this article.  "Massive Women's March...".  I couldn't shake the image of a hundred massive Rosie Whatzernames marching down the street wearing thong bikinis. 

The horror...the horror.....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline endicom

« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2017, 01:40:01 am »
This protest was about nothing.  DT has been prez for fewer than 48 hours.  Whose rights has he denied?

Or has threatened to deny. Gillibrand yammered about women's rights and civil rights and no one has challenged her to be specific.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2017, 01:47:23 am »
The news has had a lot of this on...

It was a huge crowd and, oh, never mind, this is a picture of the March for Life a few years ago. The news always covers that NOT.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2017, 02:24:05 am »
[...] and it takes 20p to open the gate.

Whence comes the quaint notion of 'taking a while for the penny to drop' as often spoken by our friends across the pond... I had a good chuckle finding that one out.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2017, 02:26:44 am »
I must admit I've had a troublesome mind's image today, every time I saw the headline of this article.  "Massive Women's March...".  I couldn't shake the image of a hundred massive Rosie Whatzernames marching down the street wearing thong bikinis. 

The horror...the horror.....

Think of all the work they could do if they all had a trailer hitch...

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2017, 02:30:32 am »
Prediction.......

Thread gets 1000 posts or is pulled in 3 hrs.

(Thee guesses why) :tongue2:

1. TOS is down
2. Bored Freepers
3. Drunk Freepers

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2017, 02:49:13 am »
The protest in Austin.

Wingnut

« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2017, 02:57:05 am »
The protest in Austin.

The guys working the I-35 exits with the "I am homeless signs" are going to be rich tonight!

Online corbe

« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2017, 03:12:18 am »
   Now may be a good time to ask them to make me a BLT (Bi-Lesbian-Tran) sandwich
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2017, 03:16:23 am »
The guys working the I-35 exits with the "I am homeless signs" are going to be rich tonight!

:happyhappy:

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2017, 03:33:17 am »

You can't be serious.

Hyper-liberal women, aren't going to give money away.  They'll take pictures, do long rambling, boring blog pages, march on some government building or other...but actually give their own money?

Not happening.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2017, 03:34:59 am »
I got caught up in this crap today trying to get to the Holocaust Museum.  Barely made my flight out.  I don't know what these women were trying to protest, but they did a magnificent job of trashing the Mall with litter.

I did not encounter any rude protesters.  Everyone was polite as I navigated my family perpendicularly across their march path.  This happened more than once since their seemed to be no order to what they were doing.  As far as I can tell, they didn't want to end, so they just kept marching, picking new paths.  Most of the men I saw (and there were a lot of them) were younger, and clearly there to support whatever young women they happened to be having relations with at the time.

I picked up a conversation with a few younger at the airport.  Nothing overtly political.  They just flew in to be a part of something without being able to articulate what that 'something' was.

Would liked to have had another four hours at the museum, but the crowds at the Metro stops made that impossible.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Wingnut

« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2017, 03:38:25 am »
You can't be serious.

Hyper-liberal women, aren't going to give money away.  They'll take pictures, do long rambling, boring blog pages, march on some government building or other...but actually give their own money?

Not happening.

There is always Pu$$y

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2017, 03:39:49 am »
There is always Pu$$y

Hey! Easy to find, too - They've got hats!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2017, 03:50:27 am »
Though the protests might have a different shape, most any Republican that would have gotten in would have had some protests.

8 bloody years of Obama rule was enough; what a nightmare, an assault on American values.

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2017, 03:52:07 am »
There is always Pu$$y

Yup.

Eager, too.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2017, 04:13:03 am »
I heard there was a major sandwich shortage today.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2017, 04:20:57 am »

The London march, if anyone cares.

Looks like thousands of blokes in the London area were able to finish a pint in peace and quiet today.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2017, 11:47:15 am »
I copy and past this here because I think it FAR more reflective of the opinions of the majority of women in this country than anything we have seen in the streets of Washington lately.

It comes from the post of a much younger than myself woman friend who I met many years ago while she was still in high school! I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did!

I think we live in one of the greatest places on earth! I feel loved, honored, and respected as a woman here in the United States. The only one who can stop me from being happy and successful in life is ME. The good Lord made MAN and WOMAN. I don't feel a need to compete with men nor do I consider myself better or worse than men. (Or women either.) I know my worth as a child of God, and I don't need to shout it from the roof tops. Personally, I am embarrassed by the marches today and think they were more anti- President Trump rallies than anything else. Talk about shutting down the lines of communication. Do people really believe acting in a contentious manner will get anyone to listen to them? That makes me turn away EVERY TIME.
* My advice to the Marchers (and all the rest of us): 1. If you want to be noticed for more than your looks, get out and make something of yourself. 2. Put energy into helping women in countries where women really ARE undervalued and treated horribly. 3. Draw attention to domestic violence here in America and helping women, men, and children who are being abused. 4. Speak out against violence and abuse of ANY kind. 5. Reach out and help everyone you can, anytime you can with love and a smile. 6. Donate your time and money (if possible) every chance you get to help increase world literacy and education rates and decrease poverty. 7. Be the change you want to see by treating everyone with love and respect.
** These are just a few of many ways we can all make a profound difference in the world.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2017, 01:10:25 pm »
 :thumbsup2: @Bigun
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2017, 02:01:42 pm »
We mock the millions and millions of men, women, and children around the world whose visceral reaction to DT drove them to make their presence known.
Ridicule, dismissive commentary puts us on the wrong side of yesterday's march.
Just my opinion.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2017, 03:03:02 pm »
We mock the millions and millions of men, women, and children around the world whose visceral reaction to DT drove them to make their presence known.
Ridicule, dismissive commentary puts us on the wrong side of yesterday's march.
Just my opinion.

Mine too.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2017, 03:30:50 pm »

Fine bunch for sure!   **nononono*
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2017, 03:34:11 pm »

Fine bunch for sure!   **nononono*

Bet they're still picking up all the trash on the ground these womyn left.      Liberals treat the environment like shit, and they claim conservatives are ruining the environment.

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2017, 03:34:23 pm »
And the nooze mediuh will never, EVER, remark how the Tea Party No-BammaKair rallies were self-policed and cleaned up.

The frightening, horrific fact is:  The mediuh, the political party leaders, BOTH sides...and the government itself, FAVORS these destructive animals over disciplined, responsible citizens.  I know why...Cloward-Piven, that is, instigated nihilism and destruction as a means to an end...is now accepted objective.

They hope it's their Big Chance.  I posit that it's a recipe for national suicide and enslavement.