Author Topic: After Trump Meeting, Lockheed CEO Vows to ‘Significantly’ Cut F-35 Cost  (Read 346 times)

rangerrebew

After Trump Meeting, Lockheed CEO Vows to ‘Significantly’ Cut F-35 Cost

Posted By: Brendan McGarry January 14, 2017

After emerging from a meeting Friday with President-elect Donald Trump, the chief executive officer of defense contracting giant Lockheed Martin Corp. vowed to “significantly” cut the cost of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program.

“We had the opportunity to talk to him about the F-35 program and I certainly share his views that we need to get the best capability to our men and women in uniform and we have to get it at the lowest possible price,” Marillyn Hewson told reporters in the lobby of Trump Tower in New York City, according to a pool report.

“So I’m glad I had the opportunity to tell him that we are close to a deal that will bring the cost down significantly from the previous lot of aircraft to the next lot of aircraft and moreover it’s going to bring a lot of jobs to the United States,” she said.

http://www.dodbuzz.com/2017/01/14/trump-meeting-lockheed-ceo-vows-significantly-cut-f-35-cost/
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 11:26:55 am by rangerrebew »